PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex

saskykitty
02-04-2008, 05:37 AM
Hi there,

I started on Cipralex four days ago and are so sad since I am having side affects and the anxiety is still there and I battle to sleep and wakeup with the worst panic attacks ever.

Is anybody else taking this medication and having side affects?

Robbed
02-04-2008, 06:54 AM
It is common for SSRIs to cause elevated anxiety before you notice any reduction of it. As for side effects, some stay and some go. But it is impossible to know which will, as everybody is different.

RabidBadger
02-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi Saskykitty

From my own experiences with Cipralex, the side effects lasted about 10 days and the anxiety got worse for about 5 weeks before it started to decline.

Of course we are all different but I would say I am better for taking the drug than I would have been if I hadn't.

Chris

saskykitty
02-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Thanks for your feedback guys.

I really appreciate it. I am feeling better today. But my emotions come and go.

Did you perhaps experience any dry mouth on the cipralex?

RabidBadger
02-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Hi

Yes I had the dry mouth thing. Apparently that's a very common effect.

I also developed a runny-nose and nausea and my bouts of light-headedness/unreality became more frequent.

Best wishes

Chris

janisrock
02-11-2008, 01:53 PM
I had extreme increases in anxiety, panic attacks and overstimulation when i took Paxil and Zoloft (just 12 hours later). I've never tried Cipralex. I know anxiety will increase with SSRI's before decreasing, but there is no way I can get through even a week of these feelings of being completely out of control. It's interesting how some people can be fine, and some people are really sensitive although we've all been diagnosed with GAD. Good luck with the Cipralex-I'm hoping to find something that works for me some day...

crippledcowgirl
02-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I started Cipralex about a month ago. It has greatly improved my depression....but I am suffering from the anxiety attacks. They are getting better. About a week or two after I first started the cirpralex I was waking up with severe panic attacks...vomiting, nausea....since then..my anxiety has decreased some. However I still wake up feeling scared for no reason...but I work through it. I meet with my psychiatrist to discuss my meds soon. I had no idea that SSRI's caused increased anxiety when you first start taking them...hmm..would have been nice of the doc to warn me. geez!

saskykitty
02-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Anybody experience, chills runny tummy distatchment?

LYNDSAY
02-15-2008, 12:49 PM
I did have chills, and bouts of appetite loss and nausea. Cipralex has helped me more then any of drug i have tried (Effexor and celexa) and in a smaller time frame as well
for me my nausea etc, went away after about 10-15 days:)

SuperMegaRichard
02-15-2008, 10:05 PM
I wish nausea and other gastrointestinal problems was the side effect I got from Lexapro (here refered as Cirpalex or something). Anyways I took it and I am getting about 17000 muscle twitches a day... My legs get stiff and soar because of it.

I did notice it did bring down my depression anxiety some. But the anxiety I got from the drug was too much, I didn't want to throw something down my throat that gave my whole body twitches for no reason. I been off for a good 3 days now, the twitching is still there.

saskykitty
02-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Just so everyone knows. I had the most terrible side affects and anxiety in the beginning but it is gone now and I have felt great for three days now! YAY. Hope it lasts will keep everyone posted. :-)

SuperMegaRichard
02-18-2008, 02:53 AM
Hell yah, glad to hear. Now take this time when you are feeling great to start analyzing why the reasons behind your anxiety...

saskykitty
02-18-2008, 02:58 AM
I am terrified to do that cause i think the reason behind my anxiety might be my relationship. Its not a bad guy and I love him he is equally good and bad for me but I think our cultures and personalities are so vastly different it causes me to feel nervous. When he holds me at night I get a panic attack???? I know its crazy.

SuperMegaRichard
02-18-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't think its the cultural differences at all. It might be that you think people will judge you because of him, but the differences isn't logically what will cause your anxiety.

Maybe your are anxious because you think you like him because you don't want to be alone, but perhaps you know you really don't. I am not aware of your situation or who he is, thats just my guess.

The best person to find the answers to the questions is you.

crippledcowgirl
03-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Ok..so it's been a few months of being on the ciprolex. It is amazing stuff, once you work through the first month. However, I recently had a very traumatic heart related event and am now on buspar and xanax to help with my anxieties. If your anxieties are still bad..talk to the doctor...they can make some great medicine cocktails that really help.

MNaz2
05-18-2008, 06:15 AM
Hi there,

I started on Cipralex four days ago and are so sad since I am having side affects and the anxiety is still there and I battle to sleep and wakeup with the worst panic attacks ever.

Is anybody else taking this medication and having side affects?

Hi there,
I started cipralex 6 days ago and I am experiencing the worst side effects ever. I am having 2 to 3 panic attacks a day. I also battle with sleep and I am also having the worst panic attacks ever, mainly at night time, which are leaving me feeling tired, confused at times, headaches, feeling cold, have blurred vision, feeling frightened. I am continuing to take them, because I have taken cipramil and citalopram in the past, which used to give me side effects for two weeks and then relief from symptoms. however cipralex is giving me worst side effects than them but I am continuing with them, hoping that they will give me relief after two weeks. :cry:

cace
07-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Hi everyone. I've been on 10mg of Cipralex for 2 months and I thought I would share some of my experience here to help those of you who are considering taking this drug.

I am a 27 year old male, with no history of mental illness or any other type of ailment. I am perfectly healthy and generally very happy with my life.

4 months I ago I proposed to my now fiancee and began having severe panic attacks. At first I didn't know what was happening. I went for a colonoscopy and a gastroscope - because my stomach was in knots and I was have severe bouts of diarrhea. I had my lungs tested for breathing problems, because I was experiencing shortness of breath at times. I was also tested for Hyper Thyroid and had several ECGs for what seemed to be heart palpitations.

Long story short. My doctor finally concluded that I was having panic attacks and gave me Cipralex.

My anxiety about taking the drug added to already severe bouts of panic and it took me a few weeks to actually take the drug. I had a hard time dealing with the fact that my illness was mental. I almost wish it had been something more serious and physical.

My first week on Cipralex was a nightmare. I became depressed, had twitches - mostly at night. I would wake up sweating profusely, and I always felt as though the inside of my body was trembling very fast, however, upon looking at my hands there was no physical manifestation of this trembling. Sleeping at night was difficult, and a few times my ,mother actually slept at the foot of my bed to keep me company. That's right, 27 years old with mommy sleeping next me.

in hind sight, I am very thankful that my family has been as supportive as they have been.

By the end of the second week I felt great. I am now approaching my 3rd month and I've been feeling pretty darn good. Panic attacks and the first week on Cipralex are a faded memory, almost as if it never happened.

I have 6 months left until my wedding. The stress of planing does bother some times and last night, after a stressful evening, I woke up having a panic attack. The first one in 2 months. I'm told that it's normal, and it has actually confirmed what my trigger seems to be.

My recommendation to those of you thinking about taking Cipralex. It's a fantastic drug that has helped me become myself again.

These drugs will not space you out. They will not change who you are. These where my fears and i know realize that over thinking actually did me more harm than good. Scouring these forums before taking the drug actually did me more harm then good.

Stop thinking about it. Stop reading forums - everyone has a different reaction. Chances are very good that you will be fine and you will be better off come week 2. take the plunge, you will not regret it. But, please remember... the first week or two will be discouraging. You will feel like crap. This WILL PASS. Trust me. Just be strong, stay focused and if possible, find a friend or family member that will hang out with you as much as possible, just to be around in case you need to talk.

Cheers!

Murakawa
09-10-2008, 06:46 AM
I've been taking Cipramil, a seemingly similar thing, for two days now.

I'm feeling like sheeoite. Dry throat, nausea, slight chest pains, mind racing at night... it's not fun. I hope these side effects subside soon :)

DaisyDoe
11-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Hi,

I am on Day 16 of Cipralex and have found that the majority of my side effects are disappearing (no more nausea, upset stomach), but am still struggling a bit with the increase in anxiety. While it is nowhere what it was a week ago, I would like to hear from others what their experiences have been in getting the anxiety to a controllable level (i.e. no more weird "out of body" sensations or tingling in extremities) on this drug.

I should mention this is my second time on Cipralex - on my first go I don't remember the side effects being this intense or even lasting this long. Has anyone else had this experience?

Thanks for your help!

MNaz2
12-20-2008, 11:16 AM
hiya everybody,
I have been on cipralex for about 5 or 6 months now. I am a bit frightened of coming off them now. I think I have only had 1 panic attack in the last three months. When I first started them, I had the worse side effects ever. I couldn't leave the house for about 4 weeks. Then slowly, slowly I experienced the benefits. At first I was thinking, why have I started these, becauseI felt worse than ever, I was experiencing 5-6 panic attacks a day. But now I am so glad I did start them. I am able to enjoy my life again. I go out myself. At first, I was always trying to find someone to go out with me. At the time, I was more dependent but now I am more independent. But I will warn you that the initial side effects can be debilitating; however different people have different side effects. For anyone suffering out there, I give you the best of luck and I hope you get better. :laugh:

If someone hasn't been through panic attacks theirselves, they don't know how badly it effects you.

And another thing, when you do have a panic attack, stay strong, say to yourself, it,s allright, nothings going to happen (has anything ever happened). Once the fear of having another panic attack gets out of you, that is the time hopefully, your panic attacks will pass.

I hope this helps :)

EmeraldJaguar
12-21-2008, 02:52 PM
I've taken escitalopram and the dose as well as the effects are both qualitatively and quantitatively different than its enantiomer citalopram. For instance, with Cipralex there is more cognitive blunting and less speediness in train of thought.