PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety

ldocherty93
12-18-2013, 06:58 AM
I have really bad health anxiety & i'm terrified i have a brain tumour! Since yesterday i have been getting some pains above my left ear & i can't stop thinking i have a brain tumour! Anyone like this?

vonnhelsing
12-18-2013, 07:24 AM
That is the lovely work of health anxiety. Every muscle ache in the chest region is a heart attack, every headache is a brain tumor and every pain in your legs is a blood clot. Anxiety makes us hypersensitive.
Although in saying that if your symptoms are severe and persist strongly and do not go away even after relaxing yourself then it would be better to have a check up done. It can rule out anything serious and put your mind at ease.

Kaylee Quinlan
12-18-2013, 02:51 PM
yes!!! the last few days I have had problems with lightheadedness/dizziness, a little bit of nausea, and headaches (mostly in the morning) and the only thing I can think of is brain tumor! I have "had" numerous cancers in the last few months. I was convinced i had lymphoma, leukemia, esophageal cancer, lung cancer, bone cancer, and now a brain tumor. I thought I had lymphoma because I have a lymph node in my neck that has been there for 2 months, I thought I had leukemia because of the lymph node and some bleeding problems, i thought i had esophageal cancer because i am a long time sufferer of untreated heartburn and i smoked for 10 years, i thought i had lung cancer because they did a cat scan of my chest after i had been coughing up blood and they found what they said was pneumonia, a follow up cat scan a few weeks later showed it had cleared, i thought i had bone cancer because they did an xray of a finger that has a little spot in between the joint, the Er doc said it looked fractured, how i would have fractured it i dont know but he suggested i see a hand surgeon, my regular doctor thought it was fractured as well and did not think it was a tumor but a little part of me is still convinced it could be because i didnt injure my hand, now i think i have a brain tumor (whether its primary or secondary) because of this dizziness and headaches. I dont even know what to do with myself anymore. My regular doc says there is no more tests that can be done and I just have anxiety. If its just anxiety why is it so hard to believe there is nothing wrong??

ldocherty93
12-19-2013, 09:01 AM
yes!!! the last few days I have had problems with lightheadedness/dizziness, a little bit of nausea, and headaches (mostly in the morning) and the only thing I can think of is brain tumor! I have "had" numerous cancers in the last few months. I was convinced i had lymphoma, leukemia, esophageal cancer, lung cancer, bone cancer, and now a brain tumor. I thought I had lymphoma because I have a lymph node in my neck that has been there for 2 months, I thought I had leukemia because of the lymph node and some bleeding problems, i thought i had esophageal cancer because i am a long time sufferer of untreated heartburn and i smoked for 10 years, i thought i had lung cancer because they did a cat scan of my chest after i had been coughing up blood and they found what they said was pneumonia, a follow up cat scan a few weeks later showed it had cleared, i thought i had bone cancer because they did an xray of a finger that has a little spot in between the joint, the Er doc said it looked fractured, how i would have fractured it i dont know but he suggested i see a hand surgeon, my regular doctor thought it was fractured as well and did not think it was a tumor but a little part of me is still convinced it could be because i didnt injure my hand, now i think i have a brain tumor (whether its primary or secondary) because of this dizziness and headaches. I dont even know what to do with myself anymore. My regular doc says there is no more tests that can be done and I just have anxiety. If its just anxiety why is it so hard to believe there is nothing wrong??

I'm the same! I keep getting like a pressure pain in my head above my ear & i can't stop thinking it must be a brain tumour! I also keep feeling sick so that's another sympton of a brain tumour. Last night I found a small white spot on the edge of a mole on my body & i'm so scared incase it's skin cancer! I have the doctors on monday so i'm gonna ask about it. I just don't get a minutes break with this health anxiety! Ahhh how to feel 'normal' again ....