PDA

View Full Version : Is this depression? Help.

ButterflyGirl82
02-03-2008, 02:26 PM
For 8 months I was basically isolated, because I had no school. I had to pull out last semester because of my mothers illness, which not suprisingly was hard on me (She suffers from depression/MS).

My regular doctor kept asking me if I was depressed and I sorta didn't feel like it or denied it. I felt I had more so anxiety/mild panic attacks.

Ive been diagnosed with a lot of muscle spasms throughout my body, tension headaches (or migraines) and extreme neck and shoulder tension. I mainly ache on my left side arm , the neuro says it is due to my neck tension.

The last three weeks have been super hard. I've had so many anxiety attacks , that my leg gets week and I fall. My whole body feels like it is being pushed on , and I haven't been able to wash myself, no interest in doing things, like eating, and I can't sleep.

I've also developed a need to go to a doctor for everything. I've been to an optomologist, cardiologist, neurologist, regular doctor. They all seem to think I am fine, but that I am suffering from anxiety/depression.

My heart seems to beat fast for just sitting unless I take my blood pressure medicine or xanax. I was just recently put on xanax and trazodone. And before that I was on Soma (for spasms) Fiorinal codeine 3 for tension headaches, mobic for inflammation for my neck, atenolol for my mitral valve palpatations.

The stress of having to take all these meds , when to take them, sitting up for a few, etc is really getting to me for some reason. Worrying about the side effects etc...I have never had to be on this many meds before, so its giving me some anxiety.

I have fears of sleeping because I think what if I die.
I'm always tired, everything aches... I cry all the time. I feel confused at times and I just don't know what to do with myself.

I'm just tired of it all basically. School has been so hard to sit in a class room this week.

So could this be anxiety/depression?

Robbed
02-03-2008, 05:42 PM
It sounds like you have anxiety/depression. And since you talk abot anxiety attacks, seeing the doctor for perceived medical problems, and fear of dying in your sleep, anxiety might be your rimary problem. Bt depression accompanies anxiety in perhaps a majority of cases. As for the medications, it is really your choice as far as whether you want to take them. Don't feel forced to do so. It's also best to not think of this as a genetic problem you inherited from your mom, as this leads to feelings of hopelessness as far as the condition. Typically, living with someone who has these sorts of problems just tends to make the behavior 'rub off' on others around them. Your best bet here would be self-help or therapy (if you can find a good therapist).

ButterflyGirl82
02-03-2008, 08:01 PM
It sounds like you have anxiety/depression. And since you talk abot anxiety attacks, seeing the doctor for perceived medical problems, and fear of dying in your sleep, anxiety might be your rimary problem. Bt depression accompanies anxiety in perhaps a majority of cases. As for the medications, it is really your choice as far as whether you want to take them. Don't feel forced to do so. It's also best to not think of this as a genetic problem you inherited from your mom, as this leads to feelings of hopelessness as far as the condition. Typically, living with someone who has these sorts of problems just tends to make the behavior 'rub off' on others around them. Your best bet here would be self-help or therapy (if you can find a good therapist).

Thanks. yes, i hope to see a therapist soon.

and i hope this is all it is.

Chulio
05-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Wow!
Your story is almost identical to mine.
I thought I was going crazy with my medical things.
I have been in therapy for only 4 sessions and it has helped already.
Hang in there
We are OK.

goth
05-21-2008, 06:01 PM
hi im new to this sight but i can relate to what your saying im very sad at the moment im cryiny whilst im typing this it must be related to the anxiety and depression.my depression stared dew to anxiety and panic atacks. i to am frightened to go to sleep in case i dont wake up. i hope this helps to no your not alone with how you feel take care love goth x[/i]