PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety through the roof

worriedmummy85
12-11-2013, 05:21 AM
I am on my third week of Sertraline and for the past 3 days my anxiety has slowly been creeping up I am also on propanolol and noticed my pulse dropping to about 53 at times while resting so convinced there is something wrong with my heart was at the doctors on Monday and he wouldn't check my blood pressure or heart rate because he wasn't concerned

I know it's just anxiety but I seem to be slipping backwards Urgh

Enduronman
12-11-2013, 05:46 AM
Probably just abit of stress that you think is anxiety. Find something to do to distract yourself for abit, something festive. Plus, the meds should be reaching the point where these minor anxiety attacks would pass..and stop checking your heart rate too. I wish my was 53, because generally speaking, that means a calmer person so you're blessed! Make us all some Christmas cookies and send them to Jesse to keep warm with because a levi jacket and flip flops isn't going to help him today at -27 degrees in London...Send out some Christmas cards..

Make today, your day.

:)

worriedmummy85
12-11-2013, 06:08 AM
Oooo cookies sounds good I like baking I think I might do this the best I can do is a picture for everyone tho haha

It is cold in newcastle today too starting to think it might be stress I am stressing about christmas

jessed03
12-11-2013, 06:09 AM
What does your daughter want Santa to bring her this year? :)

Enduronman
12-11-2013, 06:20 AM
Yes! Be festive, bake, stop placing pressures on yourself about Christmas, everything always works out in the end anyway, take some photos of the cookies for us (although I'll just get hungry) and yes, plan the Santa gift for the youngster too...:D

artaud
12-11-2013, 06:49 AM
propanolol....pulse dropping to about 53 at times while resting....doctors on Monday...wouldn't check my blood pressure or heart rate because he wasn't concerned

There are sustained release (SR) and long acting (LA) versions of propranolol, so you only need to take it once per day. The doctor would need to change the prescription.

Talk to your Chemist or Pharmacist. In America, pharmacists now go through 6 years of college and have a degree of PharmD (Doctorate in Pharmacology) and have much more education concerning drugs and their interactions than doctors do, far more education. If they feel that an interaction between Zoloft and Propranolol is responsible for the Propranolol having a stronger effect than desired, perhaps he can offer suggestions.

A slow heart beat, when the cause is known, is not in itself a problem, but if you had significant symptoms such as detailed below, the issue should be addressed.

From the Mayo Clinic internet site is the following on the issue. (Edited by me for simplicity in your case, other issues in older adults can have other causes).

"A resting heart rate slower than 60 beats a minute may be normal for some people, particularly for healthy, young adults and trained athletes.

Symptoms to watch for:

Near-fainting or fainting, Dizziness, Weakness, Fatigue, Shortness of breath, Chest pains, Confusion or memory problems, or Easily tiring during physical activity."

In the absence of these symptoms, I am sure the doctor is correct, you have nothing to worry about.

worriedmummy85
12-11-2013, 06:54 AM
What does your daughter want Santa to bring her this year? :)

I have all her christmas things in she wants princess dolls and a Samsung Galaxy tab for kids and a bunch of other stuff but I am all finished for her just my boyfriend to buy for and I am stressed out with it

Kaylee Quinlan
12-11-2013, 08:16 AM
That happened to me. My heart rate dropped to about 56 for like a few days. It scared me bad because my heart rate had constantly been between 80 and 90 before that. I had an EKG done and it was normal so I bet you are just fine :)

Enduronman
12-11-2013, 01:19 PM
PS: Quit stressing the bf xmas gift thing, dudes generally don't want much anyway. (at least I didn't and sure as hell didn't want my wife or gf worried about it)....:D

worriedmummy85
12-11-2013, 01:29 PM
I am just convinced I am having a heart attack pain under ribs like there is a belt around them pain above my left breast like a sharp but dull ache but I am on propanolol so think that would prevent a heart attack

artaud
12-11-2013, 03:28 PM
I am just convinced I am having a heart attack pain under ribs like there is a belt around them...

I get the same, it might be your diaphragm, it's in that area. Mine feels like it's tied in a knot, breathing does not feel natural. Anxiety will do that.

AmberGbenga
12-11-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm the same... Wtf do you get a man for christmas.. Besides a blow job I'm completely stunned BABAHA quick lesson about me.. Nothing is sugar coated.. Sorry not sorry if people get offended ;) gotta love the obnoxious Aussie ayee

Enduronman
12-11-2013, 05:06 PM
^^^^ DEEERRRRRRRR!!!!....:P

Cologne, a cool looking shirt, a giant buck knife, a rifle, some new gloves, some new boots, 385 BJ coupons, anything!!!..quit stressin it!!!
No, Bongogeebinbler,, you don't bother us..LMAO!!

WM, take a PRILOSEC in the AM tomorrow!!!...SEE if that helps you PLEEAAASSSEEE!!!! YES Mr. E-Dumbass-Man, I will..

AmberGbenga
12-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Haha men are just difficult to buy for.. Woman are just so easy.. Something shiny, money, or something that vibrates and we are happy bahaha

mykids12
12-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Haha men are just difficult to buy for.. Woman are just so easy.. Something shiny, money, or something that vibrates and we are happy bahaha

I've been told I'm getting something that vibrates for Christmas :)

worriedmummy85
12-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Hahaha he just has everything apart from an xbox one which is just too damn expensive so he is def not getting that

jessed03
12-12-2013, 12:22 AM
I've been told I'm getting something that vibrates for Christmas :)

Wear underwear Christmas morning, just incase it's an electric toothbrush, and not the other thing... ;)

AmberGbenga
12-12-2013, 03:05 AM
You lucky thing hahaha

Enduronman
12-12-2013, 03:41 AM
NO woman buys a man a f**kin xbox!!! We don't have the ability to "Step away from the Xbox!"......:D