PDA

View Full Version : Feeling crappy...

AmberGbenga
12-09-2013, 11:12 PM
I am not overly anxious at this point, but I can feel it brewing up. I FINALLY got my period after 2 months without it.. And boy it's a doozy but hey, at least I don't have a blip feeding off me! I have a headache, so lethargic, back ache, legs are aching, normal period symptoms.. Just overly crap! Went to gym this morning, did some cleaning.. All the usual.. But I have a class tonight.. Full blown cardio for 40 mins.. Now I used to love this class go twice a week.. But I havnt done any cardio since my attack and when I first started getting back into gym the last time.. Every time my heart would go faster my mind would think automatically panic.. And I'd have a panic attack.. I fear this happening tonight.. But I know I need to push through it as the first few times are the hardest but it goes away.. But dammit.. I'm not in the mood today! I think it would be great for me to go.. It will help me sleep, get rid of access adrenalin and all the obvious positives.. But blah... Someone give me some advice to just be like HEY let's go burn some ass fat and don't be such a baby.. Although I know I'm going to anyway.. Still would be nice to see what other advice people can give to help :) thanks lovely muffins x

Lee Grant Irons
12-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Hi Amber!

Try some negative feedback on the panic while you are exercising. When you feel yourself move toward that dark place of watching your heart rate too closely, divert your own attention and think to yourself about how much you love to do cardio and how good it makes you feel and what great sleep you are going to have. The act of thinking about how the cardio cheers you up while you are doing the cardio might be able to negate the rise to panic.

Enduronman
12-10-2013, 06:58 AM
LOL!!

Yes, go burn of some phat ass!! BAHAAHA!!
Also, considering that you haven't gone to this class in quite some time then you could either tell the instructor it's your return or hang in the back so you can drift out the door if you need too.
It isn't a panic attack just because you're intentionally raising your heart rate.
I used to do the same, for over 5 straight years and although I wasn't doing cardio, I would do an intense weightlifting routine that would leave me breathless (especially deadlifts)...phew!
Beta-blockers are very nice for these purposes (why they're banned in sports) and I doubt you have any but I always used them before these kind of activities.
Be sure to hydrate before you go, eat a piece of fruit (apples are the best but bananas are good too), and take a water bottle with you (I always took kool-aid) because it is simple sugars that power the body through these intense workouts. This is the one time, one case in point, where sugar is NOT the devil. It powers the mind, thought, physical energy exhertion and expendatures.

Have a great workout Gbenga!! (just take it slow to moderate at first please) :)

AmberGbenga
12-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Hey hey, I went was anxieious before kept thibking eh ill just go home.. As I wasn't feeling well headache etc but I did it and came out feeling amazing :) the instructor is like my best friend haha so she made fun of the fact.. She would pretend to throw her water bottle at me and it would startle me then she would pretend to freak out.. Bitch haha bless her cotton socks

Enduronman
12-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Whoo Hooo!!!! Success!! You go BengaGberma!!

AmberGbenga
12-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Yep, I'm winning right now haha

Enduronman
12-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Ftw!......:)