PDA

View Full Version : Prozac?

ParanoidPenny
12-09-2013, 06:14 AM
Anyone ever taken Prozac for anxiety/depression. I have both at this time, want to go to the doctor today and ask for it. I didn't like lexapro, anyone have any comments?

Enduronman
12-09-2013, 07:29 AM
Oh you're here too!

Yes, I think I replied in the general section. Alot of people don't like lexapro and it is one of those meds that can increase anxiety, even though its prescribed to help anxiety..weird. What was your experience with it, I'd like to know for my own experience?

Best wishes.

alankay
12-09-2013, 08:08 AM
I have been on it since 1992 and think it helps. All AD's can cause a bump in anxiety before working to lower it. Have tried zoloft(gave me the munchies), celexa(did not sleep well at all for 6 months) and lexapro(not very effective for me) but none helped with fewer side effects for me that prozac(fluoxetine). We all will have different luck so all you can do is given a given med a fair trial or 2 months IMHO. Alankay

Enduronman
12-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Agreed^^...I had always heard that prozac seems to be the most better tolerated AD. I honestly think Lilly nailed it right there, coupled with a mild benzo when needed has had many good reviews that I've seen moreso than any others. It just isn't prescribed much, for reasons that we know of but we're never told about. $$$$'s....

anxiousga
12-09-2013, 08:10 PM
I have actually recently switched to a higher dosage of Prozac and I have been feeling awful :( I cry all the time and feel so sad then I get mad at myself for being so sad. I used to be on Celexa and don't remember ever feeling this before. It has been 2.5 weeks since my dr increased my Prozac dosage (I was on 10mg for 6 months after Celexa and now on 40 mg of Prozac since my anxiety has gotten so bad.) is it my anxiety that had gotten worse or the Prozac that is making me few so blue? I know what works for one person might not work everyone. It stinks that it can take a while to figure it out. I really want to feel better now!!!!!!!!!!!!