PDA

View Full Version : How do they start

NickatNight
01-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Hey. I'm 17 and have been suffering Anxiety attacks for a little over a year now. I had my first one when i was staying at my friends house. I was sleeping and woke up around 3 in the morning with heavy breathing, heartracing and hot flashes and shaking. I didn't know what this was at first. My parents said it was caffeine and i figured it was logical so i stopped drinking caffiene. I didn't have one until a few months later. They gradually started coming more and more. now i'm having 1 almost ever week. This also seems dangerous when it happens while i'm driving. Which it has a week ago.

Anyways long story short. Can anybody tell me how these started?

Robbed
01-28-2008, 06:18 AM
Anxiety/panic starts as a result of stress in your life. Of course, you know more about this than anyone else. So take a good look at your life. Is there anything that has REALLY been bothering you, like maybe stress in school, problems with relationships, or family problems? Do you tend to have low self-esteem and frequently become frightened when faced with something difficult OR spend lots of time hating yourself? I am willing to guess that your life in not all 100% hunky-dory. Only by reducing stress and trying not to become frightened of your anxiety/panic can you recover. And keep in mind that this happens rather slowly.

h3len
01-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Apart from what Robbed said, have you tried going consulting with a doctor? If your condition gets really serious I would suggest seeking the help of one before it worsens.