PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else experience this

Johan
01-23-2008, 06:11 AM
On my last visit to the Dr, he mentioned that my Blood Pressure is a bit high....however that was it? Does anxiety increase your BP? Do I need to be worried about this? :shock:

anxietychick
01-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi Johan,

I'm not sure if anxiety raises your BP or not, but I'm guessing that it could. Can't stress raise your BP?

You should call your doctor's office back and ask your nurse this question, then you will feel better:)

shaggy82
01-27-2008, 05:00 PM
On my last visit to the Dr, he mentioned that my Blood Pressure is a bit high....however that was it? Does anxiety increase your BP? Do I need to be worried about this?

Hi
I dont think anxiety can raise your BP. But stress can. Your anxiety can raise your pulse or make it unstable. But remember that anxiety is just sensations, not symptoms. So anxiety cant make you sick in any way. Its just feelings. Those feelings can make you sick - yes. But only in the way that you get scared and experience feelings that makes you even more scared until you reach the top and start to feel better again.
So, pulse can be raised. Breath can be raised. But not BP.

If you have anxiety over many years, the constant stress may raise your BP. Maybe.. i dont know.