PDA

View Full Version : Work dread/anxiety

Jessicaleanne1992
11-30-2013, 12:58 PM
I saw a thread titled work anxiety a while ago but i can find it now i never got a chance to read it. Does anyone else have work dread? I work as a cashier at a grocery store. Ive been there 6 months And sometimes i hate it so much i want to cry. If i know i have to go somewhere, then i dont want to. But i have to keep my job. Its not even hard! And its like 2 minutes from home. I should be elated. But i dread it all the time. I literally count down the minutes til my shift is over. Anyone else have this problem?

frankzito
11-30-2013, 01:37 PM
I do dread work, mainly getting there. Then I'm ok

mrseyeore
11-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Yes yes yes. I feel trapped in my office, fear the next person coming in the door and what they'll need. Confusion makes me stressed. Every time my boss talks to me I go into anxiety swirling vortex of terror. The room can almost start spinning while he's talking to me. WORK is a MAJOR trigger.

oopsiedoop
12-02-2013, 09:09 AM
That was my thread. I assume I checked the response box to receive replies and haven't gotten any, so I'm glad you started this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO SCARED of going to work.

tiredofthis
12-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Absolutely.

oopsiedoop
12-02-2013, 09:56 AM
I am supposed to be getting ready for work right now!!

tiredofthis
12-02-2013, 10:07 AM
You WILL get through it. You will feel like your self when you get out of work. Try to tell yourself it's just the situation and turn that dread into something else. It's hard, I know.

oopsiedoop
12-02-2013, 10:15 AM
What can I turn the dread into?

oopsiedoop
12-04-2013, 09:09 AM
It's time to get dressed for work. My hands are clammy, my heart is racing. This is agony. But not working is also hard in a different way! Boring as hell, isolating, shameful, feel useless.

tiredofthis
12-04-2013, 01:31 PM
It's time to get dressed for work. My hands are clammy, my heart is racing. This is agony. But not working is also hard in a different way! Boring as hell, isolating, shameful, feel useless.

Like you, I suffer from this. Went to get help yesterday. Went to a shrink and got some meds to calm down the mind. Remeron and Klonopin. So far so good. Feel much more calm. Seeking help may change your life. Sometimes we need it.

jsabian
12-04-2013, 03:40 PM
This is my biggest obstacle - work.
Today I went in and talked to my manager about my fears and current struggle with anxiety.
Amazed by the supportive response - genuinely wanting to help improve things for me.
So bound up in my negative thinking that I hadn't' considered the positive in being honest.

tiredofthis
12-04-2013, 03:56 PM
This is my biggest obstacle - work.
Today I went in and talked to my manager about my fears and current struggle with anxiety.
Amazed by the supportive response - genuinely wanting to help improve things for me.
So bound up in my negative thinking that I hadn't' considered the positive in being honest.That's great. I got the same response too. I was brutally honest with them versus just calling in sick every now and then and not being myself at work. I also knew it was time to get help as I could not keep trying to fake it. Sometimes our brain chemistry is just off or we are lacking a certain vitamin or we have fears of the past. Who knows. There are people that can help.

oopsiedoop
12-04-2013, 04:46 PM
I am on several meds and have been on most of em, so I know I can't get more help on that front than I already have.

jsabian
12-04-2013, 07:48 PM
I have just started meds and wanted to let work know.
I guess it was helpful to check out some of my negative thinking about work and capacity with someone with an overview.
It was a revelation - I am still feeling physically run over by anxiety, but can revisit this conversation as a positive counter to those voices in my head.