PDA

View Full Version : Panic

saralouise75
11-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Hi all,I have just woke up with a headache,just took two ibuprofen but I am really panicking for some reason!!!!I can feel my heart racing,feel hot and tingly!!!!I haven't felt this bad for ages.Could it be a panic attack or something worse??!!!!I am trying to calm down but it isn't happening!!!!feel really tensed up-not happy!!!!!

jessed03
11-28-2013, 05:49 PM
It does sound like a panic attack. Classic symptoms.

saralouise75
11-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Don't know why it is happening??don't feel stressed about anything!!!!!

mrseyeore
11-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Panic attacks can be caused by a minor or typical worry in your mind that normally wouldn't trigger a release of adrenaline, but due to an imbalance of neurotransmitters in the brain it's overactive release of adrenaline. Adrenaline can cause the warm tingly feeling and I know it's super scary. Try some breathing exercises and try to zone out your mind into something relaxing. It should pass within a few minutes each times but if you don't stop anticipating it will keep re-occurring. It's an awful cycle...

jessed03
11-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Don't know why it is happening??don't feel stressed about anything!!!!!

What Mrseyeore said explained it really well.

It's a misconception anyway that you only feel panic attacks when stressed. They can come on as a way of expressing previous stress, they can be a delayed reaction to so,etching, they can also come on due to changes happening within the body. They aren't always easy to understand, that's what worsens the panic and makes people freak out thinking it's something worse :)