PDA

View Full Version : Effexor

sars
11-27-2013, 06:21 PM
Been on a really low dose for a long time now..only 75mg. Just wondering if anyone took this med and if symptoms got worse after being on for so long? Or had any long term effects?

Ponder
11-27-2013, 06:39 PM
aka Venlafaxine ... Yea. This was a nightmare for me. In the beginning I kind of gut a BUZ ... quickly went down hill after that and it was the worse experience ever coming off it. However, I take pristiq which is said to be in the same "family tree" Sigh ... Yet Pristiq seems to be less reactive for me.

Different for different people ... You'll know if its helps or not. 75mg is not low for me, low for me was like starting on 25mg ... again different for different people. 50mg was a a short lived buzz followed with more anxiety, lots of sweating and depression - coming off it was extreme anxiety, dizziness with suicidal thoughts. I'm now on 100mg of Pristiq which might not suit someone else.

It can be comforting to learn of other peoples experience, just try not to gauge your experience with anothers. ... Best of luck

FlyAway
12-02-2013, 08:41 AM
I take Effexor actually. 112.5 mg a day. Actually I was on 75 mg for a year, and just last week my doctor upped my dose. Personally I've found that after a while it helps. The thing for me was that it took forever for me to feel fine after beginning it, and every time my dosage was changed it was the same. The increase in dosage caused a major increase in depression and suicidal thoughts for about a week or two and then it seemed to help and I felt like I got a little better. I'm wondering if I'll have to increase my dosage over time, though, because after being on it about a year I started having panic attacks and depression again. Has anybody found that this is the case? I'm taking a small amount of Klonopin as needed now, but I'm concerned that in a year's time or less the same thing will happen and I'll have to up my dose or change medications.

fullc0llapse
12-04-2013, 02:30 PM
I took effexor. It didn't work and I had THE worst withdrawals coming off of it. I was tapered off too. I god random vertigo and had like little zaps in my arms and brain it was super weird. Like electricity.