PDA

View Full Version : From Cymbalta to Celexa and Xanax to Klonopin

sylknmyst726
01-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, first I guess I should tell you a little about me. I am a 31 y/o female and have suffered with anxiety and depression for probably about 12 years now. I was first put on Paxil which was my miracle drug at the time because I was agoraphobic and it gave me my life back. During that time, I got married and had a baby. She is now 6. About 3 years ago, the Paxil wasn't working much for me so my Dr. switched me to Effexor XR which also was a great drug for me. I recently had another baby in April of 2007 and the anxiety and depression came back even though I was still on the Effexor XR. So, my Dr. switched me to Cymbalta - which has done NOTHING for me and now we are going to try Celexa and Klonopin. I also currently take Xanax 2- 3 times a day.

Tomorrow is the big day...I take a 30 mg pill of my Cymbalta and a 20 mg pill of the Celexa. I also take a Klonopin in the morning and one at night starting tomorrow as well. I am nervous to make the switch on both pills because I have taken Xanax for as long as I can remember...

Has anyone else had success with Celexa and/or Klonopin? I am so nervous about the switch because I have 2 kids to take care of...otherwise, I don't think I would be as nervous if I could just lay down if I wasn't feeling so well. Any info would help put me at ease!!!

Thanks in advance, and sorry so long!

Sylk

sharon12
01-19-2008, 06:16 AM
I used to have klonopin (the dissolving tablets) to take when I felt an anxiety attack coming on. This drug worked wonders for me. I would calm down quickly, and it really helped me relax. Good luck, let us know how it works for you.

sylknmyst726
01-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Thank you for your response, Sharon. I am getting ready to take a Klonopin now, along with the reduction in my Cymbalta. I am hoping and praying that all goes well with the changes...I need it!!

sylknmyst726
01-19-2008, 12:09 PM
:| Okay...so I took my Klonopin at 11:20 am and it is now 2:08 pm...no different feelings than when on the Xanax...this is good! I am keeping an open mind about all of this...I also decreased the Cymbalta with the Klonopin. I will take the Celexa at bedtime tonight...I will keep you posted!! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Sylk