PDA

View Full Version : 90% recovered from anxiety

nicole123x
11-19-2013, 02:29 PM
I would just like to share with people...
Last year I went through a very very rough patch in my life. I was having a panic attack every day, calling the ambulance out every night, constantly in hospital wondering what was wrong with me. I couldn't face going out the house I was scared to death of leaving the house and when I tried to challenge myself I would feel very faint and find it hard to breathe. I am 17 years old. I couldn't take part in my friends nights out I akways had to make up an excuse.. I would be sat at home with my finger on my neck testing my pulse.

I started to get myself out the house slowly even taking walks to the end of the road and back...

This was the worst part of my life.

Nobody will ever understand the symptoms of anxiety until they are suffering.

I just want to let you all know what I have went from rock bottom to the road of recovery within 2 years.

Please have faith in yourselves. YOU CAN DO IT face your fears and tackle your challenges and you WILL succeed.

I wish everyone the best of luck throughout life x

worriedmummy85
11-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Did you start meds or therapy?

StaceyK
11-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Well done :) it's always good to hear success stories of recovery :) Wishing you all the best ! X

nicole123x
11-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Did you start meds or therapy?

I didn't have one bit of medication! I was seeing a councilor at school but only had 4 sessions with her she wasn't much help.
One night I went out with my friends and that night changed everything... Ever since then I was on the road to recovery! X

nicole123x
11-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Well done :) it's always good to hear success stories of recovery :) Wishing you all the best ! X

Thank you very much x

worriedmummy85
11-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Ah well done I wish I had that confidence I am missing my christmas party this year incase I have an attack

Nervvousnelly
11-30-2013, 01:04 PM
I didn't have one bit of medication! I was seeing a councilor at school but only had 4 sessions with her she wasn't much help.
One night I went out with my friends and that night changed everything... Ever since then I was on the road to recovery! X

Hi, im new to this site and came accross this post. I am interested in how you turned your anxiety around..

I have always had mild health anxiety, but lately i feel its gotten worse and i believe now i have had a couple of panic attacks possibly. I mean i didnt pass out or anything but i felt like my heart was going very fast and i was very aware of it and the more i took my pulse the faster it seemed to go. I felt so scared. I left work and by the time i got home i felt normal again. Now im alll worked up thinking its going to happen again. And it did. Twice so far. I can feel my whole body changes during whatever is happening. I feel like i want to get out of where i am.

What helped you get control on you anxiety, can you share