PDA

View Full Version : Scared speechless please help

Blessed
11-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Was doing so good keeping my anxiety at bay. Then I came down with strep throat went to doctor Tuesday for shot and some other antibiotics . I woke up this morning and it has settled in my chest. I have never experienced such a raw and painful chest feeing in my life . My nose is stopped up and my cough is deep as well as my voice. My heart rate has now shot up to 150 and I am terrified! My doc office is closed today and I am really panicking! Am I getting enough oxygen I'm so scared please help!

worriedmummy85
11-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Has your heart rate shot up because your panicking or did it just shoot up?

If you take a deep breath hold it and count to 3 it should regulate your breathing and bring your heart rate down

trinidiva
11-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Lay down.....close your eyes. Breathe in through your nose....exhale completely through your mouth. Continue to do that until you start to feel your breathing slow down.....you will be ok.

Blessed
11-14-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm trying it's up to 170 now

onebreathatatime
11-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Breath slowly, and calm your mind.. repeat a phrase over and over.. "I'm calm, I'm healthy" anything that makes you feel better.

Blessed
11-14-2013, 01:39 PM
My doc called me back and wants me to go to ER due to heart rate of 150 and breathing issues! Well now my anxiety has sky rocketed!!! She said heart rate of 150 could be life threatening, now I'm a mess !!!!!

lee2
11-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Are u ok blessed?

trinidiva
11-14-2013, 01:47 PM
My doc called me back and wants me to go to ER due to heart rate of 150 and breathing issues! Well now my anxiety has sky rocketed!!! She said heart rate of 150 could be life threatening, now I'm a mess !!!!!

I never heard that a heart rate of 150 was life threatening. ...can't it get that high during periods of exercise?

worriedmummy85
11-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Your heart can beat at 200bpm for a while without it being a problem Hun please try not to worry get yourself to ER and put your mind at rest keep us updated xx

embrace123
11-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Yesss honey get to that er for your own sake . Im it saying something is wrong and I'm sure it's your anxiety but to be on the safe side go to the er. 150 is a lot. Let us know what they said.

Blessed
11-14-2013, 03:45 PM
My husband helped calm me down and we decided not to go to ER. My heart rate right now is 120. I just had my self soooo worked up and when she told me to get to the ER I thought that it's....she thinks I'm dying?! I know she is trying to cover herself but what do I do? What is the ER going to do other than give me more ativan?

embrace123
11-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Wow idk what I would do with a heart rate at 150 my heart rate goes up to 106 and I'm freaking out. I'm glad it's going down . Whatever your doing keep doing it.!!!!

Blessed
11-14-2013, 05:06 PM
So does anyone experience high heart rate while having a cold or respiratory infection and you have trouble breathing due to all the congestion? Is this normal?

embrace123
11-14-2013, 05:15 PM
If course.. The last cold I had I couldn't breath at all... It will get better and it's normal sweetheart,

Jernau G
11-14-2013, 05:50 PM
I dont understand how having a heartrate of 150 can be dangerous. Did your doctor really say that?
Im up to that and well above several times a week when I excersice, which is probably why Im never bothered about that myself. I know my heart works fine and if I can survive running for an hour then there is no problem with whatever stupid worry that is getting my heart racing.

Blessed
11-14-2013, 07:14 PM
I dont understand how having a heartrate of 150 can be dangerous. Did your doctor really say that? Im up to that and well above several times a week when I excersice, which is probably why Im never bothered about that myself. I know my heart works fine and if I can survive running for an hour then there is no problem with whatever stupid worry that is getting my heart racing.I thought 150 was ok to for exercising but when I told her it was 150 she's like get to the ER! This is life threatening! totally sent my anxiety thru the roof! What does that mean, she thinks I'm dying, she thinks my heart will stop??? What !!!! She knows how anxious I get over stuff why would she say that?