PDA

View Full Version : Eye contact anxiety attacks

R8DRN8SHN
01-09-2008, 12:45 PM
This has happened to me 3 times with girls. Never with guys. OK I was sitting down and I looked around and this girl was staring at me and I looked at her eyes and I could look at them its like this automatic physical reaction came up and I would look at them and looked down and looked at them again and I had this anxiety attack. Blushing, swallowing, dizziness. ETC. So I got up and left. THis one time I was getting out of the locker and this girl was staring at me. I was staring at her too for about 30 seconds. She is a pretty good looking girl. I do know that she that I was "hot" and I know she wanted me OK. But I don't want to right too much. THE bell rung Im gonna go get my lunch now. I'll tell more some other day late.

The Melody of Rain
01-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Do you have issues with self confidence?

violet
01-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey Eye contact is a pain in the arse!! too much brings anxiety to me, but also too little does too, i go red and i mean RED straight away when im a situation i feel uncomfortable in, its so frustratin, if i didnt go red i think id deal with it better. But anyway back to you (sorry) i think you should approach her when no-ones around talk to her about how you both feels, tell her about your anxiety, women love guys who can open up to them, i find once ive told someone n explain why im so red i start to calm down. Hope it works for you two.x

Vincent
01-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Hi, you're probably attracted to these girls and feel shy. Really shy. Just relax. Think that you're as good as anyone and stop being scared about what she's thinking about you. Maybe you lack self confidence. Depending how old you are, this can disappear with time. When we get older, we slowly gain confidence but the best way to be more confident is to confront our fear. Next time, don't leave the room when a girl looks at you. If she looks at you and is interested... than simply remember that... she likes you, so why are you so stress about that?
When I was younger I was also very shy but now I'm more confident. It will probably be the same for you.

fernandogress
08-26-2009, 02:19 AM
Eye contact is an important aspect of social interaction, and it is something that many shy and socially anxious people have difficulty with. Often people with social anxiety describe looking someone in the eyes as anxiety-provoking and uncomfortable.
Fortunately, with proper treatment including cognitive-behavioral therapy and/or medication, most people with SAD can learn to overcome this fear response and maintain better eye contact a key aspect of effective communication with others.

un4ad
08-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Do you have issues with self confidence?

How are you helping?

Sleepless
09-09-2009, 03:20 AM
A lot of guys has this problem with good looking girls. I dont think you should be too worried about it.

PopTart
01-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Ha ha.. I LOVE awkward eye contact, esp with shy boys :P.. they tend to have a straight face, very cool- somewhat distant yet curious expression. Then they'll look at me and all of sudden they get the most adorable goofy/awkward grin and then immediately look at the floor or the nearest corner of the room. Hahaha I love it!!! I get such a rush, like an overwhelming bittersweet feeling where I just want to laugh. I guess it's sort of similar to the feeling that comes to a panic attack.. although it's not extremely terrifying or discomforting, just overwhelming- but nice.