PDA

View Full Version : ABILIFY ANYONE?!?!

bergie38
01-07-2008, 08:59 PM
I am currently taking effexor 300mg a day (been doing that for a few years). I just started seeing a new Psychiatrist and he wants me to take small doses of abilify because the effexor never really totally did it for me. (I take ativan as needed right now)

So heres my ques. Anyone else take it? It's only day two but I feel soooooooooooo groggy. I don't know if it's the meds or just me or what? Ugh...

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Robbed
01-11-2008, 06:34 AM
I really don't know much about Abilify other than that it is an antipsychotic that is typically prescribed for bipolar disorder. And extreme lethargy is a common side effect to this drug. I am curious as to why your psychiatrist would prescribe you this drug, given the side effects of antipsychotic medication. Usually, antipsychotics are considered a treatment of last resort. I honestly don't know what to tell you here. But I think your psychiatrist is kind of jumping the gun on this one.

Also, are you doing any kind of CBT to help you overcome your anxety? The fact of the matter is that meds alone will almost NEVER make you completely better.

stealyourface722
03-21-2008, 08:47 PM
I really don't know much about Abilify other than that it is an antipsychotic that is typically prescribed for bipolar disorder. And extreme lethargy is a common side effect to this drug. I am curious as to why your psychiatrist would prescribe you this drug, given the side effects of antipsychotic medication. Usually, antipsychotics are considered a treatment of last resort. I honestly don't know what to tell you here. But I think your psychiatrist is kind of jumping the gun on this one.
Also, are you doing any kind of CBT to help you overcome your anxety? The fact of the matter is that meds alone will almost NEVER make you completely better.
i agree but at the same time its very nessacary to take medicine. Abilify is probably one of most side effect free anti pshycotics, it also takes away ALOT of anxiety and stabilizes your mood. Some stuff says also that it helps ADD its an all around good drug, but i can do some crazy stuff to u. For me, it made me feel real weird, but the idea of the drug is good. They call these drugs anti pshycotics for a reason, when pshycotic people go crazy they inject them wit this, a tranqilizer. lol so it can make you feel kinda wierd. they are just tranqilizers that make your mood consistant