PDA

View Full Version : A Cold and other stuff

MrsJ88
11-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Well I thought I just had a cold, now I don't know!! Started with sore throat then sneezing and runny/stuffy nose like crazy on Thursday then felt like death all day Friday but still just cold symptoms... Woke up this morning feeling ok and better throughout the day then about 3 hours ago I started feeling awful again yet more odd symptoms.. Like my jaw from under my ear all the way to the bottom is hurting and it hurts to open my mouth. Then the FRONT of my neck hurts on that same side. My ears feel clogged or something ugh I just don't know what's going on

MrsJ88
11-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Even my eye on that right side where the jaw pain is, is sore and hurting and my temple

MrsJ88
11-02-2013, 10:18 PM
My doctor gave me amoxicillin but I'm dumb and afraid to take it

kelseyt
11-02-2013, 10:21 PM
It's just your lymph nodes fighting the infection/cold you've had :) my doctor told me it's actually good to have pain around where you described as it means it's all working how it should be.

Ears are also effected by colds etc. No two colds are the same either, some come and go others stay. Your eye pain will be due to your sinus's being involved, same with your temple.

Nothing to worry about as you've had a sore throat and cold symptoms just let your body do it's thing and get rid of it. :)

MrsJ88
11-02-2013, 11:07 PM
It's just your lymph nodes fighting the infection/cold you've had :) my doctor told me it's actually good to have pain around where you described as it means it's all working how it should be. Ears are also effected by colds etc. No two colds are the same either, some come and go others stay. Your eye pain will be due to your sinus's being involved, same with your temple. Nothing to worry about as you've had a sore throat and cold symptoms just let your body do it's thing and get rid of it. :)

Thanks so much!!!

Stephj526
11-02-2013, 11:19 PM

Try to focus on how much better it will make you feel. I'm really anxious about meds too, but I recently read the pamphlet for amoxicillin (was also prescribed it). It didn't look like anything too crazy, and seems unlikely to have a reaction. Hope you feel better!

kowboykid
11-03-2013, 03:27 AM
. I'm really anxious about meds too, !
OMG...I thought I was the only one like this.
It has taken me months to just take one sinus nurofen,I hesitate to take any meds.
I think my body will have bad reactions to the chemicals inside...
Anyone else like this?

trinidiva
11-03-2013, 07:02 AM

Take it! I had a sinus infection not too long ago and it really helped me clear everything out. Just make sure to take it for the full amount of time it has been prescribed for.

MrsJ88
11-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Ok why is my jaw hurting so much and getting stiff?? Hurts to move it at all

MrsJ88
11-03-2013, 09:25 AM
I took the amoxicillin by the way.. I have to take another at bed time.

bcarp66
11-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Are you clenching your jaw? I find myself doing it a lot and if I don't notice I'm doing it my jaw kills and I get headaches too

MrsJ88
11-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Are you clenching your jaw? I find myself doing it a lot and if I don't notice I'm doing it my jaw kills and I get headaches too

I don't think so.. And now that I've noticed its hurting I'm trying to really really relax it but nothing is helping not even Tylenol

bcarp66
11-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Give it some time. Maybe the muscles are sore? Lol writing this I just realized I was clenching lol

MrsJ88
11-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Give it some time. Maybe the muscles are sore? Lol writing this I just realized I was clenching lol

Lol idk what's up! I took 2 Tylenol 30 minutes ago and still no relief

bcarp66
11-03-2013, 09:59 PM
How are you doing? Any relief?

MrsJ88
11-04-2013, 12:41 AM
How are you doing? Any relief?

No. Jaw still hurts. I have no clue what's going on.

bcarp66
11-04-2013, 12:49 AM
Ya mine has been killing me all night. Been super anxious tonight. My meds got increased so I'm going through adjustment anxiety so I have been clenching and super tense.

MrsJ88
11-04-2013, 01:06 AM
Ya mine has been killing me all night. Been super anxious tonight. My meds got increased so I'm going through adjustment anxiety so I have been clenching and super tense.

I don't know what is wrong with me but not only does my jaw hurt on the right side but so does my eye, temple and ear. And now my lower abdomen. I've been pretty anxiety free the last month and now this. I'm irritated.

bcarp66
11-04-2013, 01:10 AM
Ya it's def no fun. I'm so tense everything is starting to hurt :(

MrsJ88
11-04-2013, 01:13 AM
Ya it's def no fun. I'm so tense everything is starting to hurt :(

Yeah I understand that!

bcarp66
11-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Always nice to hear someone say I understand rather than just well get over it lol

MrsJ88
11-04-2013, 01:53 AM
Always nice to hear someone say I understand rather than just well get over it lol

Yeah a lot of people simply don't get it.. But I fully understand your troubles. Anxiety is no joke.

bcarp66
11-04-2013, 01:57 AM
Def agree with that.

JLBnole68
11-04-2013, 02:11 AM
The jaw pain sounds sinus related. If you have an infection, that's pretty common. I've been battling the same thing for 2 weeks. Take the amoxicillin. I'm much less afraid of taking a medication that might help than I am of just letting an infection run.

Stephj526
11-05-2013, 04:55 AM
Hey, how are you feeling? I have a horrible sinus infection right now and just got the jaw pain too. It sucks! I think it's because I can't breathe out of my nose so I'm breathing out of my mouth and that's causing my jaw to hurt. I think there may also be a sinus cavity somewhere close too. But I understand your pain!

MrsJ88
11-05-2013, 07:07 AM
[QUOTE="Stephj526;126703"]Hey, how are you feeling? I have a horrible sinus infection right now and just got the jaw pain too. It sucks! I think it's because I can't breathe out of my nose so I'm breathing out of my mouth and that's causing my jaw to hurt. I think there may also be a sinus cavity somewhere close too. But I understand your pain![/QUOTE

Hi Steph.. Woke up this morning feeling a bit better.. Not 100% yet but definitely better. It started Halloween night and went thru basically yesterday when I still felt terrible.