PDA

View Full Version : Shaking/trembling inside - new anxiety symptom + GAD

Albo181
10-26-2013, 07:04 AM
Hi everyone,

I found out last year that I have been living with OCD (without realizing what it was) since I was a young boy. After many years of suffering, and thinking I'm going crazy or something, I am pretty much able to conquer this illness most of the time. I'm able to manage the checking compulsions quite well, although the ocassional irrational fears are sometimes more difficult to cope with. Nevertheless, I feel it's quite well controlled at the moment.

However, this last year I've developed Generalized Anxiety (GAD) - I think, primarily due to enduring some really anxious periods that have caused accumulated stress - and I'm finding that it's really taking control of my life. My typical symptoms are having a constant sensation of worry/having more heightened tension, body aches, head aches/pressures, numbness, tingling, burping (feeling as though my windpipe is being restricted, often making it difficult to swallow food), impatience and, since yesterday, a new symptom: internal trembling/shaking.

It started last night. I fell asleep on my bed and I woke up an hour or so later because someone was trying to enter my house with keys. It turns out they had confused appartments and they soon went away, however I had awoken with a sensation of inner trembling, though physically I didn't seem to be shaking. My heart beat was already elevated and I was burping constantly (this is a common symptom I suffer - for this reason I imagined it was anxiety related). Before falling asleep I remember feeling a little light-headed, and having woken up I was also experiencing the same. My instinct was to unlock my front door in case the emergency services had to enter and I opened the window to get me some fresh air. After relaxing a bit (and researching this new symptom on the Internet) I started to calm down and the panic attack was mostly over. The problem is, I was left with a vibrating sensation in my body that I also woke up with today. It's not as strong as during the attack, but I can still notice it, like a constant buzzing/vibration in my body. I can't even pinpoint where it's coming from - in fact, it seems to be in my whole body and even the neck/face (as if it were a secondary shockwave).

I think, because of the symptoms I've suffered recently, it's more than likely to be anxiety. But, I'm still worried it could be nerve-related and more serious than it seems. I'm going to the doctors next week anyway, because she has asked me to write an anxiety diary, composed of 'situations', 'reaction' and 'emotions' (I think it's helpful to write our sympoms/feelings down). In the meantime, I'd love to hear from anyone who has experienced these after-effects following a trembling episode. Or, anyone who may have something to say on the matter... I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!!

mikecole114
10-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Hi everyone, I found out last year that I have been living with OCD (without realizing what it was) since I was a young boy. After many years of suffering, and thinking I'm going crazy or something, I am pretty much able to conquer this illness most of the time. I'm able to manage the checking compulsions quite well, although the ocassional irrational fears are sometimes more difficult to cope with. Nevertheless, I feel it's quite well controlled at the moment. However, this last year I've developed Generalized Anxiety (GAD) - I think, primarily due to enduring some really anxious periods that have caused accumulated stress - and I'm finding that it's really taking control of my life. My typical symptoms are having a constant sensation of worry/having more heightened tension, body aches, head aches/pressures, numbness, tingling, burping (feeling as though my windpipe is being restricted, often making it difficult to swallow food), impatience and, since yesterday, a new symptom: internal trembling/shaking. It started last night. I fell asleep on my bed and I woke up an hour or so later because someone was trying to enter my house with keys. It turns out they had confused appartments and they soon went away, however I had awoken with a sensation of inner trembling, though physically I didn't seem to be shaking. My heart beat was already elevated and I was burping constantly (this is a common symptom I suffer - for this reason I imagined it was anxiety related). Before falling asleep I remember feeling a little light-headed, and having woken up I was also experiencing the same. My instinct was to unlock my front door in case the emergency services had to enter and I opened the window to get me some fresh air. After relaxing a bit (and researching this new symptom on the Internet) I started to calm down and the panic attack was mostly over. The problem is, I was left with a vibrating sensation in my body that I also woke up with today. It's not as strong as during the attack, but I can still notice it, like a constant buzzing/vibration in my body. I can't even pinpoint where it's coming from - in fact, it seems to be in my whole body and even the neck/face (as if it were a secondary shockwave). I think, because of the symptoms I've suffered recently, it's more than likely to be anxiety. But, I'm still worried it could be nerve-related and more serious than it seems. I'm going to the doctors next week anyway, because she has asked me to write an anxiety diary, composed of 'situations', 'reaction' and 'emotions' (I think it's helpful to write our sympoms/feelings down). In the meantime, I'd love to hear from anyone who has experienced these after-effects following a trembling episode. Or, anyone who may have something to say on the matter... I'd love to hear from you! Thanks!!

I wouldn't say that I get whole body trembelling but I do know what u mean. My legs hands and teeth all shake when I try to keep them relaxed. I don't know whether this is similar or maybe I'm just a shaky person????

mbie11
11-03-2013, 10:33 PM
I have this right now. Just anxiety

mgillesp88
11-13-2013, 08:17 AM
Hi everyone,

I found out last year that I have been living with OCD (without realizing what it was) since I was a young boy. After many years of suffering, and thinking I'm going crazy or something, I am pretty much able to conquer this illness most of the time. I'm able to manage the checking compulsions quite well, although the ocassional irrational fears are sometimes more difficult to cope with. Nevertheless, I feel it's quite well controlled at the moment.

However, this last year I've developed Generalized Anxiety (GAD) - I think, primarily due to enduring some really anxious periods that have caused accumulated stress - and I'm finding that it's really taking control of my life. My typical symptoms are having a constant sensation of worry/having more heightened tension, body aches, head aches/pressures, numbness, tingling, burping (feeling as though my windpipe is being restricted, often making it difficult to swallow food), impatience and, since yesterday, a new symptom: internal trembling/shaking.

It started last night. I fell asleep on my bed and I woke up an hour or so later because someone was trying to enter my house with keys. It turns out they had confused appartments and they soon went away, however I had awoken with a sensation of inner trembling, though physically I didn't seem to be shaking. My heart beat was already elevated and I was burping constantly (this is a common symptom I suffer - for this reason I imagined it was anxiety related). Before falling asleep I remember feeling a little light-headed, and having woken up I was also experiencing the same. My instinct was to unlock my front door in case the emergency services had to enter and I opened the window to get me some fresh air. After relaxing a bit (and researching this new symptom on the Internet) I started to calm down and the panic attack was mostly over. The problem is, I was left with a vibrating sensation in my body that I also woke up with today. It's not as strong as during the attack, but I can still notice it, like a constant buzzing/vibration in my body. I can't even pinpoint where it's coming from - in fact, it seems to be in my whole body and even the neck/face (as if it were a secondary shockwave).

I think, because of the symptoms I've suffered recently, it's more than likely to be anxiety. But, I'm still worried it could be nerve-related and more serious than it seems. I'm going to the doctors next week anyway, because she has asked me to write an anxiety diary, composed of 'situations', 'reaction' and 'emotions' (I think it's helpful to write our sympoms/feelings down). In the meantime, I'd love to hear from anyone who has experienced these after-effects following a trembling episode. Or, anyone who may have something to say on the matter... I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!!

I get this too. This is a very distressing symptom. I feel a vibrating sensation mostly in my legs and its like it comes in waves. Sometimes I wonder if it is just the faint feeling of pulses in our legs, but i never can tell.

onebreathatatime
11-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks!!

I get this exact same feeling you are describing. I think it is absolutely anxiety....I'm wondering if it is because our bodies are so amped up with adrenaline. When I am in a really relaxed/calm state I don't feel this!

seal
11-13-2013, 11:06 AM
I get this feeling too except it's just in my upper torso, it feels like my lungs and and heart and all my muscles are trembling. It only calms down for me after I take my atenolol, even though it's blood pressure medicine I don't take it for that. When I go to sleep I'm fine but I wake up every couple hours it starts and It's hard to go back to sleep. My doctor told me the trembling is because of adrenaline caused by anxiety. Although I never knew anxiety caused all that much adrenaline problems but I'm new to learning about all this stuff.