PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety from cold medicine

j brown
10-22-2013, 07:31 PM
I took some throflu which is a cold medicine you drink, like a tea ... I took it and I tried to go to sleep and my heart was beating and acting wired which it Doesn't do anymore when I sleep... I keep being paranoid like I keep messing a breath but I'm fine when I'm awake ... Have anyone experienced this problem? My anxiety been triggering a lot but have been taking medicine for the flu... I'm having like a discomfort In my chest on the left side and in the middle of my chest kinda feel like Indigestion

Over Analyzer
10-22-2013, 08:13 PM
The only comparison I have is after drinking alcohol. I would have a similar reaction if I drank to much. I would just lay there and obsess that I would quit breathing and not sleep.

j brown
10-22-2013, 08:15 PM
This is how all my anxiety started from drinking too much

Over Analyzer
10-22-2013, 08:25 PM
I was told my drinking was me self-medicating for anxiety. I am diagnosed with GAD, just was told. It is suspected I have had it since the 5th grade at least.

j brown
10-22-2013, 08:28 PM
I noticed I had mind After I got too drunk at my friends weeding and I went to the hospital bc I was having bad palpatations because I was dehydrated which scared the shit out of me ever since then I been having anxiety . They took a EKG and blood test and I had no trace of heart disease but ever since then I been anxious monitoring my heart

Over Analyzer
10-22-2013, 08:41 PM
So you have more an issue with panic attacks?

j brown
10-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Never had one this is new too me I didn't get diagnosed with anxiety yet but I have all the symptoms and the doctor kind of hinted to me I had it and asked did I want any medicine to take my mind of the palpatations.. I have the tingling in my feet and hands at times plus my mind wonders a lot

Over Analyzer
10-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Yep, definitely some signs. You ought to try a therapist. This is my final path. They can give the most accurate diagnosis of what anxiety issue you are dealing with.

mylove9080
10-22-2013, 09:42 PM
I had the same exact thing and yes is the meds! I thought it was just me in my head when i would tell my sis she would tell me is in your head and im like no i feel it just when i take cold meds! So i went to the doctor and he told me people with anxiety disorders cold meds does this to us. He told me to stick with halls no sugar and hot natural teas and they work GREAT FOR ME. HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU TOO.

j brown
10-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Thank you so much I appreciate the advise that makes me feel better. Know I'm having a burning sensation and pressure in my chest from this cold I believe