PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with me and why is this bugging me so much?

Applecherry
10-22-2013, 05:56 AM
For the last two days in the morning, the sky has looked dark, yet it's still blue..I figure it is over-cast out a little bit, and that's why, yet it's not really too over-cast outside.

and maybe it's that it's getting deeper into fall now so the sky is looking different?

but I can't for the life of me understand why it's giving me anxiety and freaking me out!

What about this is bugging me?

This happened to me too back in the summer when I was in a panicked mood and at a restaurant and the sky looked dark for a minute! :confused:

None of this USED to bother me before, that's the upsetting part..

alankay
10-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Could just be hyper vigilance. Paying way too much attention to how you feel and making the the worst of anything perceived or thought to be unusual. Alankay

Applecherry
10-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Could just be hyper vigilance. Paying way too much attention to how you feel and making the the worst of anything perceived or thought to be unusual. Alankay

You are quite right on that, I am often paying way too much attention to how I feel lately, I'm trying to do more things to take my mind off my depression and anxiety, but it's still so hard really. It probably is an effect of PTSD/anxiety... *sigh* wish it would just improve already!!

Thank you very much for responding.

ldts3012
10-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Hi there. Have you tried meditation or deep breathing exercises? Or getting some physical exercise like walking, jogging, biking or aerobics? That can help a lot with anxiety. I have an anxiety disorder and I do all these things and it helps me.

sweetypie
10-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Tell me if I'm completely off the mark or not.

My guess as to why this is bothering you is because something in your routine changed. The sky looks different and therefore things feel different.

When my anxiety is high, I get obsessed with routines. If my fiance goes to bed late, I get upset. If I can't go on a walk like I usually can, I get upset. If people act differently than I am expecting them to, I get upset.

Because I feel like sometimes I can handle things only if everything remains the same as it does every day. If it changes, I get freaked out and feel like my brain is out of control. Because I can predict my anxiety more if everything stays the same and control it more.

Tell me if that makes any sense to you or not.