PDA

View Full Version : Impending doom

Blessed
10-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Cannot enjoy everyday moments and activities with my family because of the impending doom that is lodged in my brain. I get excited about spending quality time then it's like...... What's the point there's something wrong with you and you have no right to enjoy this! Then I find myself totally bummed and depressed, off to myself and googling more symptoms. How do you break free and live the life you have been blessed with?

Dahila
10-19-2013, 11:42 AM
If I could answer this, I would be so happy.....

kgzbv
10-19-2013, 12:00 PM
I don't know. That secret has alluded me. I think nearly everyone else has figured it out but me. My therapist tells me differently.

Dahila
10-19-2013, 01:39 PM
kgzbv I think noone has it figured out. Look the number of people here? They all look for an answer..:)

ldts3012
10-19-2013, 03:36 PM
I have GAD and have struggled with feelings of impending doom and feeling like I don't deserve happiness. I know exactly how you feel. But, I've had to learn that these feelings don't accurately reflect reality. I know it's hard to control the anxiety, but just try to do some positive self talk - there is no doom, and you do deserve to enjoy life. I'm sort of a perfectionist and tend to be very hard on myself, and I've had to let myself learn to be easier on myself. Life is too short to be so miserable, and I try to remind myself of that everyday. My dad always used to say that happiness is a gift you give yourself - it's a state of being, not a state of doing.

Dahila
10-19-2013, 04:31 PM
I have GAD and have struggled with feelings of impending doom and feeling like I don't deserve happiness. I know exactly how you feel. But, I've had to learn that these feelings don't accurately reflect reality. I know it's hard to control the anxiety, but just try to do some positive self talk - there is no doom, and you do deserve to enjoy life. I'm sort of a perfectionist and tend to be very hard on myself, and I've had to let myself learn to be easier on myself. Life is too short to be so miserable, and I try to remind myself of that everyday. My dad always used to say that happiness is a gift you give yourself - it's a state of being, not a state of doing.

It is exactly me:)