PDA

View Full Version : I need proof that anxiety is infact curable

DamnAnxiety2hell
10-13-2013, 12:23 AM
Guys do you know anyone who has overcome their anxiety? Some days I feel like I can get rid of it, other days I feel like it'll never go away and I'll have to live like this forever. Sometimes I end up crying over the thought of this. Like seriously I need confirmation that yes, you can get rid of it and you can go back to living normally and anxiety free.

KitahD
10-13-2013, 09:01 AM
Well...everything I keep reading...books, Internet sites, therapists....all consistently say that it can be controlled. They always state that we have to use the tools available or we'll always struggle. Whether we're trying with meds or not, we still need to use the methods available to us. I am guilty of complaining about my anxiety more than practicing the techniques to lessen/control it. So...the consensus is that we 'can' be okay but just need to act rather than complain about it. I haven't mastered doing that yet....and I definitely feel frustrated and depressed with the thought of always dealing with anxiety.

littleone123
10-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Iv read online that it can be cured and 4 years on I'm still struggling. I had a break of it for a year and half but recently it has come back so bad. Last night I had an attack for 4 and a half hours I'm waiting for a councillor to be agreed but I'm desperate it's ruining my life and relationship with my boyfriend

jayj404
10-13-2013, 02:03 PM
You can't be cured from anxiety. Anxiety is something that out body does to protect ourselves. Can you get rid of it? I'm 169% sure you can. Everybody has anxiety in their life. Not everybody has an anxiety disorder. It's just something we have to over come. Point is, in the future anxiety is going to be part of your past. Sure, you might have times where it pops up, but you cannot let it hurt you. You started a cycle with getting anxiety and worrying about anxiety and then more anxiety and more worry and so on.. The only only only only cure in the whole world is to stop worrying. I know this is easier said than done, but nobody said recovery would be easy!

Good luck!