PDA

View Full Version : Yoyo anxiety feeling hopeless

sez
10-10-2013, 01:38 PM
I first had a panic attack when I was 16 I'm now 23 and a few times I've been able to overcome the anxiety for a while but just as I think I'm getting back to normal something happens which brings all my anxiety and panic attacks back and it seems to come back stronger. I'm desperate not to go back on medication has anyone else had an issue with anxiety that keeps coming back like this? I'm feeling very hopeless that I will never be free of it. I can't stand the idea that I might spend the rest of my life confined by my own mind.

sweetypie
10-10-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm 27 years old and I've had anxiety for my entire life. I've had so many mental breakdowns, it's not even funny. I've had a ton of panic attacks. A ton of freakouts over various things.

As long as you can pick yourself up again and get better, even for a short while, that's what's matters. All people have ups and downs in their life, it's just for us, our ups and downs are all related to the amount of anxiety we feel.

I'm sorry if that doesn't help. I know anxiety is awful and we all just want to get over it forever, once and for all. It's exhausting facing it all the time. All I can say is that we will be here for you when you struggle.

sez
10-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks for that. I am a big believer in that you need to live life to the full while you can but I can't practice what I preach and that makes me feel like I can't continue like this.