PDA

View Full Version : Abnormal EKG! Now im really flipping out :(

mistiblue
10-09-2013, 01:01 PM
So here I am at the cardiologist office. My heart is flopping all over the place. The nurse did an EKG and when it printed out I almost passed out. The rhythms were all over the place. I have never had one like that! I just want to scream right now....and cry. I'm waiting for the cardiologist to come in...which is taking forever and not helping matters at all. I feel very short of breath and I am trying to fight back thoughts of doom.

HealthAnxNut
10-09-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry hun! :( Try to take deep breaths in your nose, and out the mouth, and calm down as much as possible. The doctor is going to do whatever they can to help you. It is actually good that they can see some of the symptoms you've been wanting them to see. I know it's hard. I was crying at the cardiologist's office just earlier today. Keep us updated!

Dweeb
10-09-2013, 01:06 PM
I had one like that before and it turned out to be nothing it was just because i was panicking.

I'm sure you'll be fine hun. Try and calm yourself down walk across the room a couple of times and they'll propz re-do the test after a short time.

Good luck hun x

onebreathatatime
10-09-2013, 01:19 PM
I agree with Dweeb, it probably is just from panicking. I would do some calm belly breathing and think of something you enjoy. If they re test, close your eyes and imagine you are elsewhere! :) Let us know if you are okay!

mistiblue
10-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Thank you all. He said the EKG would be what they considered "normal" because my heart rate was normal and the irregular beats were not horrible. I will have to wear a holter and get and ECHO and stress test. It still doesn't help that I have then constantly.

Dweeb
10-09-2013, 01:30 PM
I constantly have heart flutters and that aswel hun i'm sure its all down to anxiety and cuz we focus on it it seems to be there more!

At least ur goin to get all the tests done now so u will now for definite that your heart is fine :)

HealthAnxNut
10-09-2013, 01:32 PM
You will feel better after the tests hun. I had an echo and stress test today, and I was terrified of them, but I do feel better now. The holter is actually a really good thing, so they can "see" what you see every day. They may not be able to stop them from happening, but they can reassure you that there's nothing serious going on after all the tests. Hope you feel a bit better now!

trinidiva
10-09-2013, 03:57 PM
Thank you all. He said the EKG would be what they considered "normal" because my heart rate was normal and the irregular beats were not horrible. I will have to wear a holter and get and ECHO and stress test. It still doesn't help that I have then constantly.

Same thing happened to me. I did the stress test and everything came back fine.

mistiblue
10-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Thank you guys :) you make me feel better. The heart flutters have slowed down a bit since my appt, but I do feel very "on edge". The doc also went over all my tests from the ER and everything was good, so that made me feel a lot better. I know after the tests are done I will feel better, it's just havin to deal with these dreaded flutters that stinks!!!