PDA

View Full Version : Exhaustion

anxi3tyriddn
10-08-2013, 01:10 PM
I had two panic attack this morning before my exam, and I am just exhausted. Does anyone know any really good ways to stop panic attacks from happening?

sweetypie
10-08-2013, 01:23 PM
One way I've dealt with panic attacks is by bringing something that comforts me during whatever mentally "dangerous" situation I am facing. It's a different thing for every person.

But for me, I bring three things with me everywhere:

1.) Cough drops - When I'm hyperventilating because of my panic attack and I suck on one, it makes me feel like it's calming down my breathing and opening up my throat. It's purely psychological, but it really helps me. I'm dependent on them.

2.) My MP3 player - I watch TV on it and TV is always a relaxing distraction for me, so I bring it with me, even if I can't watch it because just looking at it makes me think of relaxation.

3.) My cell phone - That way I know supportive people who will talk me through my panic attack are just a short phone call away and that calms me down.

---

They aren't guarantees that you won't have a panic attack, but things like this can help.

NeverToo...Fear
10-08-2013, 05:31 PM
^ The cell phone and MP3 player really work for me too. I feel better at any moment that I can call someone and hear their voice to talk me down from the edge of freak out cliff.

Another thing I do, is fidget. I have a over sized ring I wear around my neck, and when I'm feeling panicky, I start taking that ring and putting it on each finger. I repeat it over and over and I start to feel calmer as I focus on the activity. I also try to drink some water (but that's kinda hard to do when you're out in public) Basically for me, it's about just trying to distract and relax.

jessed03
10-08-2013, 05:38 PM
^ The cell phone and MP3 player really work for me too. I feel better at any moment that I can call someone and hear their voice to talk me down from the edge of freak out cliff.

Another thing I do, is fidget. I have a over sized ring I wear around my neck, and when I'm feeling panicky, I start taking that ring and putting it on each finger. I repeat it over and over and I start to feel calmer as I focus on the activity. I also try to drink some water (kinda hard to do when you're out in public) Basically just trying to distract and relax.

Business idea alert!

The sex line market seemed to thrive judging by every newspaper ad, but I'm pretty sure a premium rate anxiety talk down service doesn't exist yet... It sells itself...

'Come and talk to our friendly staff, ready and waiting for your panic attack call'

Profits split more my way than yours... Not being a jerk, but you live in Florida... I gotsta to retire somewhere sunny ;)

NeverToo...Fear
10-09-2013, 05:04 AM
Profits split more my way than yours... Not being a jerk, but you live in Florida... I gotsta to retire somewhere sunny ;)

..Ah, I understand your desperation..You live in London..The sun must rarely ever shine there, if at all? ... :)

We would have to be really cheap in the beginning and then when it turns out to be a huge hit, we would naturally just jack up the rates later when ppl are dependent on it..I don't think that would be too cruel now would it? x)