PDA

View Full Version : todays panic

andy1990
10-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Hey guys

So today I had an absolutely hurrendous experience.

I was anxious anyway and I stood up and was talking to a colleague when I had the most weird experience evet.

My whole back had the most excruciating burning sharp pains ive experienced and really scared me.

My whole body went hot with chest burning and arms... can anyone shed some light on this.

All I know was it hurt and scared me and lasted like 2 minutes until I got some fresh air.

Hopefully someone can give me some answers.

Ps started on citalopram 3 days ago so maybe that has something to do with it

Cheers andy

Ritch
10-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Did you make any sudden movement that could of caused the pain in the back? I would say the chest and body overheating is definitely either the medication or anxiety. The shooting pains I'm not so sure, do you feel comfortable reading the leaflet that came with the medication or would this increase your anxiety. it could be listed as a possible side effects? actually I have just read that it can give back pain but the incidence is not known

andy1990
10-07-2013, 05:00 PM
Hey mate

Thanks for the reply

I dont believe I did however my posture is pretty bad so whether I jammed up a nerve or something

All I know is the pain was really intense with sharp stabbing burning like a ripping pain throughout my back

Definately dont want to feel that again :)

Ritch
10-07-2013, 05:48 PM
yes it could certainly be a nerve, I have a problem with a herniated disc in my neck rubbing on a nerve not pleasant.

If happens again mate ring the doctors for their advice, they will sort you out :)