PDA

View Full Version : Dates

Killer_Queen
12-15-2007, 03:09 AM
I can't seem to go on dates because I just can't bring myself to eat in front of them. Tell me I'm not totally weird.

The Melody of Rain
12-17-2007, 10:41 PM
In the past, I was once very self concious of my eating around people but this was due to muscle tension which, having been chronic, eventually gave way to twitching and spasms. My head would tremor, and I could occasionally miss my mouth - although cold showers have now rectified the issue.

What is the exact thought that runs through your head when you are eating in the company of a date? Is it just with dates?

Killer_Queen
12-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Usually it's around new people, though for some reason when I know I'm just gunna be friends with someone (new) It's not so bad, but if we were to go on a date it's SO hard!
Nothing specific really runs through my head, I just wish I wasnt in that situation, everytime. It's quite horrible actaully..
I look around & see everyone else & try to get it in my head that its just food, we're just going to eat like everyone else who is here (they are all fine) Why can't I just relax? I can't come up with an answer & no matter how many times I tell myself to just chill & be normal, I can't.

Wren
12-18-2007, 08:02 PM
I am so terrified and embarrassed of this also! I get completely nervous just thinking about not knowing what to order/ordering something. And then having to eat in front of someone, I would just feel so stupid and awkward and embarrassed that I know I would make a fool out of myself even if I wouldn't have otherwise. In general I feel really anxious when in restaurants. I hate having to order. I say to myself over and over again in my head exactly what I'm going to say a million times so I won't accidentally say something stupid. Sometimes I can't even order what I actually want, because I'm too embarrassed about what the waiter might think/ if I want to ask for a different side or for something to be left off of it, etc. I just can't do it. Eating in front of someone in a date-like situation would just make this a thousand times worse. Not only would I be nervous/anxious in my general way, but I would be nervous/anxious about the date, nervous/anxious about what to order and what my date would think of it, nervous/anxious about actually EATING it in front of them, nervous/anxious about having to make conversation, etc, etc, etc. ....it just sucks

Spot
09-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Cool.
http://anxietyforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3691

Fear
09-26-2008, 11:15 AM
I am so terrified and embarrassed of this also! I get completely nervous just thinking about not knowing what to order/ordering something. And then having to eat in front of someone, I would just feel so stupid and awkward and embarrassed that I know I would make a fool out of myself even if I wouldn't have otherwise. In general I feel really anxious when in restaurants. I hate having to order. I say to myself over and over again in my head exactly what I'm going to say a million times so I won't accidentally say something stupid. Sometimes I can't even order what I actually want, because I'm too embarrassed about what the waiter might think/ if I want to ask for a different side or for something to be left off of it, etc. I just can't do it. Eating in front of someone in a date-like situation would just make this a thousand times worse. Not only would I be nervous/anxious in my general way, but I would be nervous/anxious about the date, nervous/anxious about what to order and what my date would think of it, nervous/anxious about actually EATING it in front of them, nervous/anxious about having to make conversation, etc, etc, etc. ....it just sucks

I am most of this all afraid to pay! :oops: :shock: I never pay.My mom has being paying for me for years (not in dates,I couldn't stand the level of tension).I really feel ashamed of myself :oops: ,but that's the true.I'm always scared people could understand all of this and I get even more nervous.That sucks,eh?!