PDA

View Full Version : Being normal:(

patchezzzz
10-06-2013, 05:15 PM
I've had derealization for so long. I don't even know if it's getting better or if I'm getting used to it. Does anybody have that problem? It's like feeling dreamy has become the new normal... And it's scary. How can I get better if I can't remember what better feels like? I've been so distracted with school that I forgot about the DR. I forgot about trying to get better. I just forgot. And now I don't know where I am mental health wise:| Does this symptom go away? What makes it go away? And how do you know it's gone? Or even getting better? Ugh.:(

quinn88
10-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Yes it goes away,as horrible as it is but the more u try and get over it the longer it stays so just try to live with it and it will go trust me

newzie
10-06-2013, 07:22 PM
I agree with quinn here. I am no expert but I think it has a lot to do with too much rumination and introspection. Thinking about it is the problem, just like thinking about anxiety.

The fact that you stopped thinking about it really huge, keep doing that.

jayj404
10-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Those thoughts always cross my mind. Derealization is like physical pain. If you focus on it, it gets worse. If you ignore, the pain will slowly go away. When you ask yourself "Is my derealization still here?" The senses of dr are heightened. Wondering if it's gone or not is actually a really good sign, but you shouldn't do it. It means your dr is going away! Your brain will always remember what "normal", so don't worry about being changed forever. Hope you get better!

patchezzzz
10-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Thank you all so much<3 I've just had it for almost a year and I didn't think that was normal. I'm just now beginning to accept it. You're all amazing for the support:)