PDA

View Full Version : Old symptoms still scare the shit out of me

manz82
10-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Hi everyone. Hope you're all doing well. I've been doing pretty well myself recently. I'm doing a lot more things than I used to and I'm feeling more and more confident with every passing day.
The only few things that still get to me and scare me is occasional racing heart (worse at night because it prevents me from sleeping), spacy feeling and heavy head.
My question to you guys is, when you're doing something which requires strenuous or long periods of exercise, do you ever go shaky and feel kind of dizzy/lightheaded?
I was quite busy today, scrubbing the house, running around after everyone and cleaning my car. It was while I was hoovering the car out that the feeling of weakness and light headedness came over me. This has happened before but it still scared me, and my heart started racing. I had ate breakfast an hour or so before so it couldnt be sugar levels. It is quite warm here today and I did feel quite hot and bothered just before it happened, and of course, I was continuously checking in on myself to see if I felt ok. (This is a really bad habit that I'm working on).
Does anyone have any ideas in why this happens to me? It's not all the time but it really scares me. X

Jcsmith0817
10-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Hello, I'm doing ok, :] I do notice I have the same symtoms as you too that scare the shit out of me too! I get the racing heart and spacy heavy head felling. Such as exercising, working that requires psyical. I get that weak feeling, lightheadedness and dizzy sensation. over anything such as cleaning my room or car too!

Hot wheather also bothers me! IT seems too make my anxiety worse and makes me more anxious!

Your not alone on this!

NeverToo...Fear
10-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Hot wheather also bothers me! IT seems too make my anxiety worse and makes me more anxious!

^ I've noticed that with me as well..just standing out in the hot sun I guess really reinforces that, "Oh my god, I'm gunna pass out!" feeling..

Anyways, I get that a lot too..just a lightheaded dizzy feeling that comes on when I'm exercising or around the house working..I was cleaning out an old & damaged shed yesterday and the mold and heat was so bad I was having breathing problems and started feeling lightheaded..and of course my heart started to race cause I got worried..so I say this must be a quite common anxiety symptom..maybe it happens because we associate heat and working hard with passing out/ heat stroke, so the brain starts freaking?