PDA

View Full Version : help please

lizard0921
10-05-2013, 10:51 PM
I've been on and off Xanax and lately they have been making me feel really weird. Like anxious. Like I need to do something, but I'm so scared to do so. I feel like I need to be with someone all the time. I'm scared to be alone. I just pray. They've told me I need to seek for help. Talk to someone. I always feel like crying.

Lin
10-05-2013, 11:14 PM
It sounds like you do need to find someone to talk to. I am lucky that I have a really good doctor who I see weekly at the moment, and also a psychiatric nurse who I see weekly. Being able to talk to them helps me greatly.

But apart from the talking I am told that we have to take responsibility and put in the stops in our anxiety and depression which helps us to overcome our attacks personally. I have learned many distraction techniques to put this stop in, but the best one is just concentrating on slow, deep breathing which will stop the panic. Meditation is very good to get into. I go to two groups - buddha and christian - both very different but both really helpful in their own way.

I have also started up a peer support group in my town in the evening so that people who work can meet and talk about their mental problems. Perhaps you could find out if there are any such groups in your area. Talking to people who understand helps you more than any medicine.

lizard0921
10-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Thanks Lin. I really do feel like I need to talk to someone. I have so much fear. The only place I feel safe is home and even at times I feel like I am not all here. My whole body feels numb and I am just so tired. I have a very supportive husband who is always there for me, but I think I need professional help. I had a past relationship that I think triggered my anxiety & depression and I need to talk to someone about what I went through. Even thinking about it makes me want to cry. The only reason why I fight so hard to stay strong is my 3 year old son who means everything to me. I just hope to one day to be able to feel normal. It's been 2 years already. There's months I can be good and days I can be really bad.