PDA

View Full Version : Questions

setler
12-12-2007, 12:19 AM
I am a college student who has recently suffered from surfacing depression and anxiety. My depression is only induced by increased anxiety.

I tried Celexa (Citalopram) but stopped due to increased suicidal thoughts. Now I am on Remeron (Mirtazapine) and take 2 Klonopin daily, but I am still anxious.

I really have nothing to feel anxious about. I eat healthily, exercise daily, breathe properly, but I just always feel physically anxious, like an adrenaline pocket in my gut (hyperthyroidism has been almost exclusively ruled out), and can never seem to fully alleviate it.

Is it possible that I can get this to go away? I am working with a pscyhiatrist and a therapist (CBT) and just want some inspiration to keep going.

Thank you so much for any inspiration :)

RichB
12-12-2007, 06:28 AM
I had anxiety and panic attacks to the point where I was virtually housebound for several years and now mine are gone. I haven't had a PA in years. IMO, the meds I was on didn't help me deal with the real issues I had that caused my anxiety and my therapist was a waste of money. Once I found a program that worked for me I was able to start picking away at me anxiety and within a couple months it was all but gone. For me, it was a matter of having the right support and a plan. I wasted a lot of money and time on crap before I found what worked.

xxms-blondiexx
12-19-2007, 07:18 PM
hey,
honestly i think keep going with the therepy if it helps u at first mine didnt help, but the positive is that the they cannot tell anyone wat u have said so pour your heart out to em say wateva u want wateva u think and u wont be judged. give the meds some time to work they take a few weeks to really kick in, good luck.
xxx