PDA

View Full Version : Forced to go to ER

mistiblue
10-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Well I called my doc to make an appt concerning these heart flutters and the said I had to go to the ER before they would make me an appt. So, here I am in the ER. So far they've done an X-ray, blood work, urine sample, and EKG. EKG was normal, but that's only because I wasn't having heart flutters at the time. They have me hooked up to the monitors and my heart rhythm is "normal" as they would say. I am having heart jumps, but they are missing them. They weren't to bad at first, but they are getting more frequent. UGH! I don't wanna be here.... It's not making me feel any better! Lovely!

Olive Yew
10-03-2013, 08:30 PM
Well I called my doc to make an appt concerning these heart flutters and the said I had to go to the ER before they would make me an appt. So, here I am in the ER. So far they've done an X-ray, blood work, urine sample, and EKG. EKG was normal, but that's only because I wasn't having heart flutters at the time. They have me hooked up to the monitors and my heart rhythm is "normal" as they would say. I am having heart jumps, but they are missing them. They weren't to bad at first, but they are getting more frequent. UGH! I don't wanna be here.... It's not making me feel any better! Lovely!

It may be your diaphragm hon. I dont know if they can "miss them". But when I had SUPER intense anxiety, my Diaphragm (i think it was... Or some sort of muscle in my chest) would jump. It didnt cause like hiccups. But i'd feel like my heart would stutter or jump. It wouldnt show up on a heart rate monitor because it isnt your heart.

mistiblue
10-03-2013, 11:52 PM
They were definitely showing up, it's just when the doc and nurses would come in I wouldn't have any. Since I've been home they've gotten worse. The doc said he didn't see anything "significant", so follow up with a cardiologist. They sure FELT/FEEL significant!!

leetbulldog
10-04-2013, 12:23 AM
It may be your diaphragm hon. I dont know if they can "miss them". But when I had SUPER intense anxiety, my Diaphragm (i think it was... Or some sort of muscle in my chest) would jump. It didnt cause like hiccups. But i'd feel like my heart would stutter or jump. It wouldnt show up on a heart rate monitor because it isnt your heart.

Wow really.. Well that explains it.. Everytime I felt that my heart rate was not alter or went fast.. interesting

Olive Yew
10-04-2013, 06:32 AM
They were definitely showing up, it's just when the doc and nurses would come in I wouldn't have any. Since I've been home they've gotten worse. The doc said he didn't see anything "significant", so follow up with a cardiologist. They sure FELT/FEEL significant!!

I'm sorry girly :( i hope they figure it all out for you. It doesnt sound fun

Olive Yew
10-04-2013, 06:33 AM
Wow really.. Well that explains it.. Everytime I felt that my heart rate was not alter or went fast.. interestingyeah it took me a while to figure it out. Most of the time the muscle would spasm or vibrate and that felt the worst!

HealthAnxNut
10-04-2013, 09:49 AM

They should be able to look at the printout and see the big picture, not just moment to moment. I hope they did that! Definitely you will feel better after following up with a cardiologist though, so that is the right way to go. It's awful being in the ER for panic-related things, because they look at you like "UGH, GO AWAY"... sorry hun. :(

HealthAnxNut
10-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Ps) I have those too, and I'm becoming more convinced they are something else. Either diaphragm like mentioned above, or perhaps gastro-related.