PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie

moviefreak13
10-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Hello everyone. I just found this website tonight and knew that I had to join. I have always been an anxious person but it mostly got really bad when I started high school. In grade eleven I even started to skip school because I prefered to stay at home... where I feel the most safest. I have had quite a few friends in my life, the majority of them I met over the Internet. Right now I currently only have one friend. My best friend who I have know for some time now; over two years for sure. We are a lot alike. Becky suffers from agoraphobia. She cannot leave her house, much less her bedroom, without being on medication. She is the only reason (besides movies) for me still being alive today. I suffer from depression as well... have been off and on since grade eight. I have extremely low self-esteem and barely any confidence at all. I do work because I need the money but it is awfully difficult for me to get there on the days that I work, especially if I have to drive myself there. I would much rather sit at home in my bedroom watching my DVD's all day. That is usually what my day consists of when I do not work. Anyways, that is somewhat my story. I just thought that I would share :-)

xavier
10-20-2005, 11:56 PM
welcome moviefreak. its good to talk about your problems..its why i am here to. im glad that me and you are able to work. i couldnt survive without money..well nobody could.but im like you,i love dvds and i feel safe sitting at home watching movies also

brickyard_red
10-21-2005, 06:11 AM
Welcome Moviefreak13, I'm so glad that you found this forum and decided to join! It always helps to talk about how you are feeling and your problems and in doing so you never know who you may be helping in the process. :) Just like Xavier said, you are not alone. You have many friends here who have experienced the same fears and feelings that you have. But, that isn't to make light of how you feel either, everyone is unique in how they feel and deal with this problem, but we can all relate to each other and share our stories. :)

It is encouraging to here that you are able to get yourself out to work. I know that is a major step everyday, or as many days as you have to. It is much easier and more comforting to sit at home, but it can also give you a sense of accomplishment when you can make yourself "get out there" and do what needs to be done! I'm proud of you!! Keep up the good work and hang in there.

I'm sure you will make many friends here and you will see that this is a safe and caring environment where you can talk about anything and know that you will still be accepted. Thanks for joining. :)

Cath :)

shoe
10-21-2005, 07:27 AM
moviefreak, I totally can relate hehe. I hate going to work and would rather stay home and goof off playing video games or whatnot. I like to go out occassionally too though.. but I'm more of a hermit at times. I try to work on it, sometimes its tough - and getting out seems less attractive to me during the winter. I hate short days darnit, and the christmas crowds yikes... *tries to forget xmas is not too far away* hehe.

anyway, its great you are getting out - even if its only to make a living, it IS facing your fears and you should be proud of it.