PDA

View Full Version : cant sleep :(

desiderata
11-28-2007, 09:40 PM
hi everyone...
im having a horrible time at the moment...i keep having this jerking/electric shock feeling when im trying to sleep...it happens over and over again and i can hardly sleep...its very scary...has anyone else experianced this?

Robbed
11-28-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm generally not a proponent of taking medication. But if you are suffering from severe insomnia, you should DEFINITELY look into taking something to help you sleep. After all, if you can't sleep, you won't recover.

marsh20
11-29-2007, 12:45 AM
I know what you are talking about. When this happened to me I was really scared but nothing happened. I have only had this happen to me a couple of nights but it didn't hurt me. You will be fine. It will PASS. I didn't take any medicine to help me sleep. It sucks but it wont hurt you, just scare you. You will be ok.

Marsh

bio
11-30-2007, 05:39 AM
I experience that too. That's not insomnia.

What I used to do; got out of my bedroom and lied down in the living room while TV remained switched on. In this way, the TV sound/noise could distract my mind from endless thought and finally zzzzzz. Yeah, it's cool.

gavin
12-06-2007, 03:56 AM
ive just been given a tech by my head doc make a list of thing that you dont like do go do one then go back to bed and if you are not in sleep in 15 min do the next one and so on this train your brain to fall asleep straight away because no one want to be up at 3 in th morning cleaning the oven
this worked very well for me

sanders1502
12-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi there, I've had what you describe for many, many years, but I've learned to live with this weird sensation. It sucks, but there's nothing you can do about it. Have done some research on this, and the closest thing I can get to it is 'hypnic jerk' , seriously, have a look on the net or wikipedia for Hypnic jerk

Fascinating stuff, but harmless.

Regards, Andy