PDA

View Full Version : Naming my anxiety?

Olive Yew
09-25-2013, 08:12 AM
Okay so would it be crazy if I named my anxiety? Made it seem less.... Frightening? You know how some people name their boobs or their man parts? Like that. See I don't wanna come off as schizophrenic but when I'm like in the middle of a panic attack it may help if I could sorta make fun of it, ya know? Be like "Wanda you dumb b*tch what the heck are you doing? Gosh you're such a narcissistic a-hole" or something like that. (This is funny cuz I never curse if I can help it).

Pamela 'Collie' Brawn
09-25-2013, 08:18 AM
I call mine 'monster' and picture a big orange thing with eyes lol

When he comes out i tell him to go back in lol not out loud though

Olive Yew
09-25-2013, 08:36 AM
I call mine 'monster' and picture a big orange thing with eyes lol When he comes out i tell him to go back in lol not out loud though

:) that's awesome!

Pamela 'Collie' Brawn
09-25-2013, 08:40 AM
It does work sometimes but in a way its mind over matter.

Im glad that none of us are alone with these symptoms :)

I also find that if it has been bad i always say that tomorrow will be better :)

jessed03
09-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Lol I like this thread. Both posts have been funny.

I think this would work. When my OCD was really bad, and I was suffering from a lot of intrusive thoughts, I gave the voice a REALLY funny chipmunk sound. So the stronger the thoughts got, the angrier and louder the chipmunk voice got, until it was actually kinda funny. It did make it easier to dismiss, no doubt.

Maybe name it something really emasculating, and give it this Whiney persona, like an ex-bf begging for your attention that you just kinda shrug off. Or the whole giving it a charactature personality would really disarm it too.

Does your monster have a name Pam? :P

Pamela 'Collie' Brawn
09-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Lol I like this thread. Both posts have been funny.

I think this would work. When my OCD was really bad, and I was suffering from a lot of intrusive thoughts, I gave the voice a REALLY funny chipmunk sound. So the stronger the thoughts got, the angrier and louder the chipmunk voice got, until it was actually kinda funny. It did make it easier to dismiss, no doubt.

Maybe name it something really emasculating, and give it this Whiney persona, like an ex-bf begging for your attention that you just kinda shrug off. Or the whole giving it a charactature personality would really disarm it too.

Does your monster have a name Pam? :P

"Big orange thing". Lol

tailspin
09-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Love this thread. Great ideas!!

Olive Yew
09-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Alright I've decided I'm naming it moon moon! :P

frankzito
09-25-2013, 05:11 PM
I've named mine Anxious Eddie

jessed03
09-25-2013, 05:21 PM
"Big orange thing". Lol

xD - can I stroke it?

NeverToo...Fear
09-25-2013, 05:34 PM
lol, naming it is a good idea..I've never thought about doing that..I always just considered it like a nameless demon in my head, always there like an annoying sidekick that you're stuck with...I think I'll name it, "Batty" --cause it drives me bat sh*t crazy Oo

Olive Yew
09-25-2013, 05:43 PM
lol, naming it is a good idea..I've never thought about doing that..I always just considered it like a nameless demon in my head, always there like an annoying sidekick that you're stuck with...I think I'll name it, "Batty" --cause it drives me bat sh*t crazy Oo

I love this because of Batty from Fern Gully voiced by Robin Williams. He was a bat that humans had done animal testing on and he had a radio implanted in his head so he was always saying crazy stuff that you'd hear on the radio. And he was terrified of everything XD

NeverToo...Fear
09-25-2013, 05:47 PM
^ Yep, that's the one, lol..I've loved that movie ever since I was little!

Olive Yew
09-25-2013, 05:49 PM
http://themetapicture.com/the-saga-of-moon-moon/ this is where i got my name

NeverToo...Fear
09-25-2013, 05:57 PM

lol, I couldn't stop laughing..great name for anxiety!

tailspin
09-25-2013, 06:04 PM

LOL! Great link!! In that case, my name - or my anxiety's name - is Rogue Fire. I definitely prefer Moon Moon though!! :)

Olive Yew
09-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Lol i love it. There's actually a ton of Moon Moon jokes out there and memes

Pamela 'Collie' Brawn
09-26-2013, 02:17 AM
I've named mine Anxious Eddie

Love it! Thats a good one

Pamela 'Collie' Brawn
09-26-2013, 02:18 AM
xD - can I stroke it?

It might bite but i think its far too nervous lol