PDA

View Full Version : Prozac question please

Blessed
09-24-2013, 07:20 AM
I decided to better myself and started 10 mg Prozac this morning. What side effects should I expect and how long for me to tell a difference. I should post on medicine thread but don't get much response there thanks in advance.

alankay
09-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Probably none or very little at 10 mgs. If any they will fade. It will take a few weeks and peak at about 2 months for benefits. You may feel less worried which will kind of be the reason why it takes time to work. Less worry equals less worry which slowly improves mood and decreases anxiety. Why are you taking it(primary reason)? If I may ask. Alankay

Blessed
09-24-2013, 07:52 AM
I used to be on it and was doing better but wanted to try on my own. Stopped in January and the anxiety and now depression has me terrified of dying every waking minute. I cry all the time and have extreme OCD and health anxiety brought on by a single panic attacked that has snowballed since 2011. My doc is also weaning me off low dose beat blocker atenolol, and judging by other ppl its almost impossible to be weaned from. She thinks its causing me a lot of my issues

chuckie99c
09-24-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm just stopping today after nearly three weeks as it just wasn't for me and made me so much worse. Apparently I could have a couple of bad days ahead of me !

I'm hoping this tablet is the one for you. The side effects I had (but was on a higher dosage) was no appetite at all, tiredness, feeling very nervous and feeling "out of reality". Working has been hard and thankfully I've taken holiday to shorten my working day.

Good luck.