PDA

View Full Version : Wish i never drank now

jamiebrown
09-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Felt my old breathless and panicky self today all because I went out on the drink for the first time in a wile since anxiety and depression started :( felt crap all today and yesterday ! Anyone think I might still have a bit of a hangover that's why it feel bad ?

u4ea
09-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Felt my old breathless and panicky self today all because I went out on the drink for the first time in a wile since anxiety and depression started :( felt crap all today and yesterday ! Anyone think I might still have a bit of a hangover that's why it feel bad ?

Yeah, alcohol f*cks with my brain chemistry triggering anxiety and panic too - it's a vicious cycle, just don't get in the habit of self medicating with alcohol!

EatTrainSleep
09-22-2013, 03:02 PM

I can relate to this! It makes sense though. Alcohol is a depressant. According to the royal college of psychaitrists there is a proven link between alcohol and depression, and they do specifically mention how hangovers can create cycles of anxiety and feelings of guilt.

NeverToo...Fear
09-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Recently drinking alcohol makes my anxiety worse..one night I had some drinks and I had a terrible panic attack that lasted all night. Shaking, heart racing and crap..I'm not sure if it was the alcohol, and I certainly don't want to link anxiety with alcohol, but I'm attempting to cut it out anyways just because I don't think it's helping any.

temperancebrennan
09-22-2013, 03:26 PM
It shouldn't mess up your progress, but I always feel worse the night after going our drinking. Even if I'm not hungover, it makes my anxiety worse. I personally try to sleep it off & it can last a couple of days, but after then I'm back to how I was before. (Still anxious, but not as bad as when hungover)

Hope you'll be okay.