PDA

View Full Version : New anxiety which has taken over my life, cant stop worrying :(

ZodiacCatz
09-22-2013, 03:38 AM
Hello Everyone

In new here and have been trying to look for a forum where I can discuss my anxiety with others who are or have experienced it too, so here I am ! :)
I have always been a person who worry's alot, and have had mild anxiety in the past, but a few months ago it has come out of nowhere and is really making life very difficult.
It started with me feeling irregular and skipped heart beats and I thought I was having a heart attack as I had alot of the symptoms that come with H/A's little did I know it was anxiety, I went to the after hours and my Heart rate and Blood pressure were through the roof, and i felt like I had no control and thought that I was going to pass out and even worse at some stage. Had an ECG heart showed PVCs which is what I was feeling and some other stuff they didnt consider to be important and they were not sure if they should admit me to hosp or send me home, which left me feeling terrible when I went home, my mum stayed the night as I was sooo scared!
Anyway I went onto have a few nights of panic attacks at work, which were scary but work was great, I was constantly having the PVC's which I feel really bad its like my heart does this huge thud then pauses, and it was so hard to distract from, so I have been proactive went to doc and got something to help me when I had the panic attacks and he put me on a low dose of quetiapine at night to help me try switch off, these helped and I sniffed lavender which I used to help me breath though it. So this has been going on a few months, I have come off the quetiapine as it was making me very drowsy even on a very low dose and Im taking Magnesium and tart cherry capsules for sleeping. I have had a few trips to Hosp since with my pvcs as when Im really stressed its a trigeminy pattern which is horrible, I have just had a heart scan and my heart is structurally ok that was said to me unofficially still waiting on the report, and last night I ended up at the after hours with chest pain, although I wasnt to worried about my heart as it felt muscular/lung pain and I was right. I have some very sick young family members at the moment and I work in the health industry so I see alot, Im now always looking for the worse, I seem to get clumsy at times dropping everything all the time, numb tingling hands, and so fatigued and now I have shooting pains in the back of my leg which is prob from anxiety, it feels so tight but im so worried its something else, I also have some lymph nodes that are swollen in the back of my neck and feel funny in my neck and im so sick of worrying, as soon as I do I get my pvcs and my heart rate sits at about 110, but up to 140 when im not good. This has consumed my life and I cant see the light at the end of the tunnel, Im going to start exercising this week hopefully ! Im in Christchurch New Zealand and its been a rough few years after some big earthquakes and constant aftershooks and worrying about my kids and seen some horrific stuff, so Im not surprised its all caught up on me, I was wondering if anyone has any advice, or have you been through this and come out the other side? I feel like I have lost my life :( and also all the pains in my legs and other symptoms has anyone experienced these? I have googled and shouldnt have as I get worried !!! sorry about the long post just wanted to put everything out there!

Lin
10-03-2013, 11:01 PM
It sounds like you have had a really bad time especially with the earthquakes etc too.

I found that quitiepin did not suit me either and my psychiatrist has taken me off of it.

I take lots of different medication but I also use my own techniques to try and deal with the anxiety and depression. Some days they don't work if i am too low but other times they work really well.

Meditation really works for everything and there are groups or CDs which will help you with this. Buddha meditation is all about mindfulness and really helpful.

I have also just started hypnotherapy which I think is starting to work on some of my long term problems. I get given a CD after my session which I then practise every day. It is expensive but I think it is working so worth the money.

I hope you find this forum useful and you get some handy tips to help you, and also make some friends on here which are really useful.

lexiii
01-06-2014, 07:32 PM
you sound just like me !!! ive always been a worrier and recently been suffering from attacks. i work in health care as well and kind of feel like my life is over and wonder how im going to continue working when i cant even get a grip on myself and relax and be normal again.. now my worry is having an attack esp while at work with patients!!