PDA

View Full Version : Physical symptoms

RabidBadger
11-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Hi all

For anyone who hasn't read my posts, my name is Chris and I have had anxiety issues since 1999. In this time I have read a lot about the physical effects of fear on the human body and I know that the physical symptoms that accompany anxiety are very often as frightening as the anxiety itself.

I'm not a doctor or anything but I will happily share my knowledge with anyone who is worried about any of the physical aspects of anxiety. I know that a reassuring explanation can very often be the difference between having a good day and having an awful day.

I have also done a lot of research into the conscious/subconscios cognitive processes and, again, I will happily share what I know with anyone who has any questions.

If you have a particular worry about anxiety, or if you just want someone to chat to, feel free to mail me - [email protected]

(Please note that I am in the UK and bear in mind any time difference when waiting for a reply)

Best wishes

Chris x

[Miffy]
01-11-2008, 10:44 AM
hi there, i just wondered if you could help me somewhat, i have a hearing comin up next week (to get me bak on benefits)and i am incredibly nervous and terrified, is there any way i can get through it calmy?
i hate talkin verbally about myself an my probs, this is my worse fear realised :0(

RabidBadger
01-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi Miffy

We all tend to deal with pressure in different ways and, while I know quite a bit about anxiety, I don't really know what to tell you about being nervous in this situation.

I think I might be tempted to explain to them beforehand that you feel very nervous. This might take the pressure off you a bit and make you feel like you don't have to try and hide how you feel.

Of course, your doctor could probably prescribe a tranquiliser to help you relax over a short period but be careful if you take this route because they can be addictive.

Best wishes

Chris