PDA

View Full Version : In a panic

petrified
09-20-2013, 05:08 AM
Hi all I'm at the hospital in an hour to get tested to see if I have the gene for breast cancer and cervical cancer. I'm just in a panic at the min with worst case scenarios running through my mind. This has been something I've wanted done for a long time but now it's here I'm terrified! I'm worried they will find I already have it and its too late for me like it was for my. She was only 31 any tips for calming myself before I go?

NeverToo...Fear
09-20-2013, 05:20 AM
Hospital visits can bring out the worst anxiety in me..which I know is silly because 1) I knew it was coming so it's not like a surprise, and 2) The visit is suppose to be to where if I need it, I will get proper help. Ha, I know it's easy to think rationally, but when we feel the way we do, our brains can really twist things up.. I guess it helps me to just accept facts. You are going to see if you are okay, and if you are, that's great. And if they find something, it's the hand you were dealt and you deal with it the best way possible, because there is no other choice.....again, easier said than felt, but I wish you good luck today! :)

petrified
09-20-2013, 06:05 AM