PDA

View Full Version : Help!

davelistenupplz
09-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Hey guys I was just wondering.. What does depression feel like?

I feel super low all the time, the only thing that can cheer me up are a few very close friends, and even that's losing it's charms.

I'm always tired and I can never fall asleep aswell.. I dunno if this is involved...

I don't feel like killing myself .. I just feel like curling up and crying all the time..

Is this depression? Or is it something else?! What should I do?! Heeeeelpp!!

tailspin
09-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Hi davelistenupplz. Welcome to the site! Depression definitely includes the symptoms you describe here. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. How long has it been going on? Has something upsetting happened to trigger these feelings?

Here's a link to a depression questionnaire which can give you some more information

http://psychologytoday.tests.psychtests.com/bin/transfer?req=MTF8MTMwOHw1MTM0MDUyfDF8MQ==&refempt=.

I would definitely make an appointment to talk to your doctor if you continue feeling like this. Let us know how you're doing!

davelistenupplz
09-19-2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the welcome!! <3

I've been feeling like this for about 6 months, but only in the past few weeks have I wanted to do something about it.

Can you make an appointment at the doctors without your parents knowing? I don't want to worry them if there's nothing wrong...

tailspin
09-19-2013, 02:01 PM

Can you make an appointment at the doctors without your parents knowing? I don't want to worry them if there's nothing wrong...

That's a good question! I'm not entirely sure how that works. But maybe another approach would be to seek out someone at your school? Is there a school counselor or someone like that who you could talk to? He or she could then advise you. And I would think that would all be confidential.

lucyheath
09-19-2013, 02:12 PM

I've been feeling like this for about 6 months, but only in the past few weeks have I wanted to do something about it.

I thought I had depression but I actually looked up all symptoms and I suffer from panic attacks :(

davelistenupplz
09-20-2013, 12:14 AM
Okay... I think I will go and see my school councillor and do some research into depression ^_^ Thank you so much for your help guys <3

lucyheath
09-20-2013, 03:01 AM
It's ok it's really horrible and I know how much it means to talk to oter people with the same thing so I'm here to chat

tailspin
09-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Good luck!! Let us know how you get on!!

davelistenupplz
09-20-2013, 02:29 PM
I will be sure to post to let you know how it goes!