PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had this before???

petrified
09-19-2013, 07:47 AM
Hi my face feels like it's on fire today it doesn't look red but feels like bad sun burn. I'm not hot anywhere else just my face. Any ideas what it could be? Has anyone had this before? I'm really worried its something serious :-(

onebreathatatime
09-19-2013, 07:50 AM
I get that every once in a while, that's when I bust out the thermometer lol, once I see my temp is good.. I let it go. I'm not sure why it happens, it's like a hot flash (and I'm only 26 lol)

petrified
09-19-2013, 07:55 AM
Thanks yeah I'm 27 so I didn't think it was menopause hehe. I'm pleased I'm not the only one who's had it. I'm debating taking a antihistamine in case I'm allergic to something. I'm just pleased I'm not dying :-)

onebreathatatime
09-19-2013, 08:05 AM
Definitely not dying! :)

Cobra
09-19-2013, 11:02 AM
I get that, too. Face, sometimes a specific body part, like my back, or an extremity. I also get numb spots on my face, usually cheeks. Weird stuff. Just ignore it.

petrified
09-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Yeah I have a numb face I waiting to have tests to see if I've got tmj as my jaw keeps clicking out of place and is agony I wonder if its connected its really nice knowing other people have had this and are still alive lol. My brains in overdrive today with crazy thoughts. I was starting to think I had some weird tropical disease or something lol :-)

mlj86
09-19-2013, 11:09 AM
I get the pringly feeling in my arm or hand or achy elbow and tightness in my shoulders, sucks really bad. It will pass.

petrified
09-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Thanks it has died down abit yeah it's normally my arms or left leg that does it just freaking a little today it's never happened on my face before. It rally felt like sun burn but it's been raining and freezing here for a while lol :-)

mlj86
09-19-2013, 11:20 AM
I have had it with the face before or i get a tingly feeling that goes over my whole head for about a min then goes away its very weird and I usually laugh it off because it happens when I'm rapping to whatever is playing on my radio :) I know its just excitement.

petrified
09-19-2013, 11:23 AM
I must learn to laugh stuff off I'm freaking way too easy at the minute. It sounds like you have a great attitude towards your anxiety :-)

mlj86
09-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Its taken so long....I used to freak out turn my music down and have to do deep breathing....Trust me in other areas I'm not as calm :) One thing at a time.

petrified
09-19-2013, 01:43 PM
You sound like you are doing great to me! Well done you I'm learning loads of tips from this forum I think it's great :-)

mlj86
09-19-2013, 04:10 PM
You sound like you are doing great to me! Well done you I'm learning loads of tips from this forum I think it's great :-)

I've had a wonderful support system even though sometimes I'm told I'm out of my mind with a giggle. It's ok I try to be light hearted about it, it really does help.

petrified
09-19-2013, 04:15 PM
That's good having good support is vital. I'm lucky i have my hubby to vent too, bless him lol. You sound like you have a great sense of humour it's great you can laugh at yourself and not take this too serious. I hope I get to a similar place soon :-)