PDA

View Full Version : Brain problems?

RT24
09-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Hi, I posted about hypochondria here before, but my brain worries won't seem to go away!
I've been worried I have a tumor (or general brain problem) for weeks. I haven't had severe headaches, but I haven't been able to think straight (I'll mess up words in my head) and I've felt things like goosebumps-like tingling in my head or limbs. My vision's been a bit weird, sometimes its a bit blurry and I'm nearsighted as is so it's hard to tell what's weird or not. Sometimes I feel dizzy or off balance-usually when I'm sitting upright in my computer chair for some reason. The dizziness is really worrying me, but I can't tell if it's in my head or not!

I woke up today after an anxiety-ridden sleep feeling like the back of my head was all heavy or numb. I sat up and it went away, like blood rushing out of my head. This has happened to me before--it actually happens every few months or so randomly when I wake up. I also have a tendency to wake up with numbness or tingling when I go to bed anxious or stressed. But because of my anxiety, I of course did another google and started worrying about brain trauma and tumors and all that.

My parents are insisting I'm fine. My motor skills have been basically the same, I've been able to hold conversations and read and write, and I can focus on certain things well enough. But I still feel just...odd in general. I have a doctor's appointment in a week but I'm worried something terrible is going on in my head :/ I don't know if I'm being rational or not. I just don't know what to do!

stephanie3126
09-18-2013, 02:21 PM
I've had dizziness, tingling in my arms and legs and vision issues in the past. It's all symptoms of your anxiety. If you're that worried maybe ask your doc to go for an MRI or you can go to your ENT and they'll send you for a hearing test. I know the hearing test thing sounds lame but they test your pulses through your brain and ear and if anything is off that might be because there's a tumor. I was worried about it too and then my ENT told me everything came back normal on my test and there are no signs of tumors bc if there were, it would've shown up. Good luck and I hope you get this all resolved.

petrified
09-18-2013, 02:24 PM
I get all of them symptoms almost everyday because of my anxiety. Google should be banned for people with health anxiety lol. I am now starting to think that if something major was wrong I would be in agony, couldn't breathe, be fitting or something like that. I do believe from your symptoms it sounds like anxiety. But get it checked to put your mind at rest also have a visit to the opticians to get your eyes checked :-)

RT24
09-19-2013, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the replies. I feel like I'm going nuts here! When it happens at work or school (which happens a lot) it's terrifying because I can't just go do something to calm down. I had an attack at work yesterday a little while before my shift ended and it felt like I was going to faint for about an hour straight (until I left). It usually seems to slowly go away once I'm out of a stressful situation, but sometimes it happens when I'm just sitting at home and I'm trying to convince myself I'm dizzy or something. It's so weird.