PDA

View Full Version : Drugs

rachbond
09-15-2013, 04:32 PM
What's best drugs to take for anxiety I'm currently on propnololo an they don't work as well as hydroxyzine

cascadevalley
09-15-2013, 05:01 PM
I have not heard much about propranolol. Does it work well for gad? What kind of anxiety did you have before propranolol? Have you tried and ssri?

rachbond
09-15-2013, 05:03 PM
These are the only drugs ive had they r crap

cascadevalley
09-15-2013, 05:07 PM
I was thinking about trying it. Do they just not work for you?

rachbond
09-15-2013, 05:14 PM
I wouldn't even try it they only make u drowsy and grumpy and u can't do anything coz all I wanna do is sleep

tailspin
09-15-2013, 05:18 PM
Have you tried any of the SSRI's? (Zoloft, Lexapro etc) They can help people with anxiety as well as depression. I personally find them better than nothing.

Ahlstrom
09-15-2013, 06:35 PM
SSRIs work, but they have dulled out a lot of my emotion and energy, not to mention they caused tons of sexual dysfunctioning from zero libido to even ED (I'm 19). I think SSRIs are an alright choice as a crutch until you can mentally face anxiety.

Benzodiazepines like Xanax and klonopin work great, but withdrawing from them if you take them for a while can be a little painful.

I'd ask this in the medication section of the forum, you should get better results. Personally if I could go back I never would have dabbled with drugs, except maybe Xanax when I was having a panic attack.

Ritch
09-15-2013, 07:49 PM
SSRI's/SNRI's/ may help alleviate symptoms but they won't make it go away. As to which ones would be good for you only you can find out, some work for some people and not for others. it is purely trial and error.

Benzodiazepines are a helpful short term solution but not good for long term use.