PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety makes me feel so helpless!

Applecherry
09-12-2013, 08:06 AM
I swear, I can feel okay for several days, so I finally start to let my guard down some, and try to do things I enjoy.. then BOOM, the next day, i'll just feel worried, hopeless and awful all day long.. and it makes me not want to get up to face another day of my terrible emotions.

It just makes me feel so unstable and not in control. Depending on the time of day, or my mood, I will think "I've got this under control, I know all about anxiety and what is triggering and causing it, it won't be a problem anymore", still again, I'll go through another horrible bout of it. I really don't know what to do to just get rid of this so I can enjoy my life again.

It makes me feel upset, and like I am not handling it well, but I don't know what else I can do. I even take anti-depressants, get in a good exercise each day, drink lots of water, but it simply won't leave me alone.

lee2
09-12-2013, 09:33 AM
I totally feel the same...and I wish it.was my.thyroid that would make me feel better thst it's nit my mind..but.when the.doc said everything normal it broke me even more...and everyone ask.what happen to me..cuz I see thin...it'd scaring me...my babies...:(

tailspin
09-12-2013, 12:40 PM
I swear, I can feel okay for several days, so I finally start to let my guard down some, and try to do things I enjoy.. then BOOM, the next day, i'll just feel worried, hopeless and awful all day long.. and it makes me not want to get up to face another day of my terrible emotions.

It just makes me feel so unstable and not in control. Depending on the time of day, or my mood, I will think "I've got this under control, I know all about anxiety and what is triggering and causing it, it won't be a problem anymore", still again, I'll go through another horrible bout of it. I really don't know what to do to just get rid of this so I can enjoy my life again.

It makes me feel upset, and like I am not handling it well, but I don't know what else I can do. I even take anti-depressants, get in a good exercise each day, drink lots of water, but it simply won't leave me alone.

I hear you! I can really relate to the emotional instability and sense of powerlessness you describe. I take anti-depressants too and and I do lots of other things that supposedly help - exercise etc - but this disorder is beyond stubborn. I guess the way I look at it now is, well, at least there are still some good days. I know it sucks that there aren't more of them, but at least there are some.

Wishing you many more good days!!

Paul123
09-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Yea I can relate to this one. The set backs are really hard to take. I gave up alcohol recently and it's made a big difference . The set backs are not as frequent or as bad. As if things weren't bad enough already
Paul

Applecherry
09-13-2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks guys for your responses. Yes, stubborn is definitely how I see anxiety. I've been feeling pretty badly anxious again this week.. I'm so tired of this and just want my life back. :(