PDA

View Full Version : Shaky days??

shellsjack
09-09-2013, 08:56 AM
For the last two days I have been shaky and jittery and nervous. Focusing on every single feeling in my body. I've had a cold for over a week and a sore throat about two weeks ago and my gland is swollen. And my ear is clogged. I can't stop focusing on those two things and touching my gland In my neck. Sometimes I feel like I can't take a deep breath in all the way and fill my lungs. I have to close my eyes to relax to be able to get a fulfilling inhale. Almost like my body is not letting me take deep breaths.

About seven weeks ago I started a program called couch to 5K So that I could train for a 5K race. I ran that race this past Saturday and the first two minutes of the race I got terrible nervous with all the people around and my face felt numb and I was out of breath. I did finish the 5K race in 34 minutes. But I have not stopped feeling shaky or jittery since then or stop focusing on how my body feels.

Uhhhh. I hate this!!!!

laurentellez
09-09-2013, 12:33 PM
U should stop doing these things.. trust me. I touched my glands soo much that it made my neck sore then I was really panicking

julian7725
09-09-2013, 12:38 PM
I had the same thing happen to me after playing soccer for about three hours. Do you remember what you thought right before the anxiety began?

shellsjack
09-09-2013, 12:51 PM
I had the same thing happen to me after playing soccer for about three hours. Do you remember what you thought right before the anxiety began?

Yes... It was my first run ever And I was surrounded by just over 100 runners. And because it was a 5K they had ambulances at each mile marker. I suppose for precautionary reasons. All I could think of was being out of breath, getting sick in front of 100 strangers, and having to be removed by ambulance workers. I was terrified I wasn't going to be able to finish the race.

julian7725
09-09-2013, 01:08 PM
It is exactly the same thing that happened to me yesterday. I had been playing soccer for three hours. On one of the runs I made, I felt a small discomfort in my esophagus. The discomfort led to a thought of a heart attack and fainting in front of people, etc. The next thing I knew it was a panic attack. I think the reason you had it was because of your thoughts just like myself. The fact of being your first race made a huge impact. Feeling shaky the next day is normal. Remember you did something with your body you had not done before. I even woke up without an appetite today. But, I force my self to eat. Few hours later my body said "You fed me?" well now I am starving since you reminded me of food hahahaha. Keep in mind, panic/anxiety symptoms may last minutes, hours, or days. Just keep your mind of off panicky thoughts. Stretch, eat, and rest. Find something that will keep your mind busy.

shellsjack
09-09-2013, 01:19 PM
It is exactly the same thing that happened to me yesterday. I had been playing soccer for three hours. On one of the runs I made, I felt a small discomfort in my esophagus. The discomfort led to a thought of a heart attack and fainting in front of people, etc. The next thing I knew it was a panic attack. I think the reason you had it was because of your thoughts just like myself. The fact of being your first race made a huge impact. Feeling shaky the next day is normal. Remember you did something with your body you had not done before. I even woke up without an appetite today. But, I force my self to eat. Few hours later my body said "You fed me?" well now I am starving since you reminded me of food hahahaha. Keep in mind, panic/anxiety symptoms may last minutes, hours, or days. Just keep your mind of off panicky thoughts. Stretch, eat, and rest. Find something that will keep your mind busy.

Yes I find I could be great for days and then something puts me into panic and I feel like I'm in that state for 1 to 5 days. I had almost no appetite today or yesterday. But I'm eating because I know I have to eat

julian7725
09-09-2013, 01:54 PM
I completely understand you. I had my first one at age 18. I did not have another one until 2009 (age 28). It has been on and off since then. I have linked my APAs to emotional stress. In 2009 I was going through a lot of emotional stress and have been since. Remember APAs are stress related. Everyone deals with stress differently. I guess we deal with stress by way of APAs. Just keep your mind busy and push forward. It only gets better. I have read psychology and motivational books and have found to be helpful. Life organization is helpful too.