PDA

View Full Version : Things to do at home

Open Door
09-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Feeling better for now but reflecting on the times when I couldn't go out and felt bored and useless. I am compiling a newsletter/website of interesting and useful things to occupy yourself without going out. Not entertainment in the sense of music or games etc. but opportunities to participate in meaningful activities in things like Science, the Arts, Courses you can take from home, nature surveys, Volunteering, ways to raise money for charities e.g.. Knitting squares for aids orphans, things like this. All kinds of things really, to appeal to all individual interests.
Do you think this is a good idea? would you read it? what sort of things are you interested in being able to do from home?
Any feedback will be very gratefully received. Thank You!

petrified
09-06-2013, 03:47 PM
I think this is a great idea and you should definitely go for it. Yes I would read it and I love arts and crafts and reading they really seem to help me chill out also I've found mind challenges help too.

Open Door
09-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Thank you :) I'll let you know how I get on, can you recommend any mind challenges?

petrified
09-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Thanks mind puzzles for me is anything from crosswords to cryptic puzzles they are helping me a lot at the min. I think your charity work from home sounds fab as often I feel useless stuck at home and it would be nice to feel like I was doing something important

Open Door
09-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Yes I find crosswords help me too. And recently I found this site called jigzone to do jigsaw puzzles. I only did a simple one but found it took my mind off things. Thanks for your encouragement.

Bam77
09-06-2013, 05:48 PM
I say go for it! I keep myself pretty busy around the house (yard work, lifting,building various things like speaker boxes, cup holders for cars etc) It really helps

frankzito
09-06-2013, 06:07 PM
I took up gun smithing and have no problems while I'm messing with them. Except I ran out of loot