PDA

View Full Version : It begins....

Adelphus
10-17-2005, 03:13 PM
Well actually no, its been going on forever but now it's worse.
Hi Im Anie and I have deppression and anxiety and a whole bunch of other things. The depression is under control by and large by paxil but the anxiety runs around unchecked. I lost my job in July because of disability disrimination and the trauma of betrayal has amped my agorophobia to such a level that I can no longer work.
I'm applying for social security for disability but I dont know if I'll get it. At the moment the agor lets me be home or at my old collage campus. I dont know why but the doctor says that if its giving me an extra safe place then take it as much as possible so I hang out here. I dont know what will eventually happen to me though. Eventually Im going to run out of money but the agor wont let me get full or even part-time work and working from home seems hard to come by or false. Already been let down three times.
Does anyone here work or found a way to not be homeless while having this?

brickyard_red
10-17-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi Anie and welcome to the forum! I'm glad you found your way here.

You will find that you are definately not alone in what you are going through. Quite a few people have lost their jobs because of this. I'm glad to hear that at least you can get yourself out to your old campus. This is a good start! And also that you are seeing a dr. and working with them. You need to do that. I'm sure that they would have some kind of suggestion on what you can do or who you can talk to to get some kind of help. You won't end up homeless. There are too many people out there willing to help and lend advice for that to happen. Don't let your anxiety take you there!

There are many kind and safe people here to talk to and we all understand what you go through. I hope to see you around some more. :)

Cath :)

shoe
10-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Hi Adelphus, good to see a fellow jersey person =)

I actually knew of a few people who have gotten disability benefits for social anxiety and agoraphobia, I'm hoping that you'll be able to get it as well, as long as your dr can provide the necessary info to backup your claim I suppose? good luck with it.

I only have social anxiety so I can still get out and about myself.. but I find myself limited in the jobs I can get and do. Hopefully one day I will get a nice job and will be a few steps closer to overcoming SA.

Thats not to say I havent had my low points - the world seems too difficult to deal with at times and I almost give up. But no matter what, we all gotta continue the fight and eventually beat these nasty disorders!

in the meantime I hope you can get by.. maybe family or friends can help support you while you cant work?