PDA

View Full Version : What meds to take...

GW
11-06-2007, 09:02 PM
I had some serious Anxiety about two years ago, and took Zoloft, it seemed to work very well. I just had another round of Anxiety. I have been taking 75 mg/day, for about three weeks now with no turn around. I upped the does about 10 days ago to 100mg/day; I still have lots of Anxiety. I don’t understand why it’s not working? It did before, shouldn’t 100mg/day be enough? Should I try something else?

Thanks!
PS: I found out my girlfriend had Narcissistic Personality Disorder. It had been nothing but stress and Anxiety!

RabidBadger
11-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Hi GW

SSRI anti-depressants like Zoloft generally take about 6 weeks to start working. Have you spoken to your doctor about your concerns?

Chris

GW
11-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Hi, thanks for your reply... I have been taking Zoloft for about three (50 MG) months. When I hit some real bad waters, I increased it to (75 MG) about 4 weeks ago, then 11 days ago to (100 MG). The first time I used it, it worked on 14 days on the nose. That’s why I was thinking of maybe using Paxcil. The Doctors I have had really don’t know much, or try to put me on stronger meds. Zoloft worked fine before, I don’t like taking drugs! When I get stressed, I get stressed… I’m like a Cat on a hot tin roof. I have been trying to relieve most of the stress by running that usually works. I’m up to 6 miles a day, and have lost 20 lbs. I am ready for the meds to kick in… I don’t want to be a track star!

Thanks again, Gary

stefanie
11-07-2007, 06:05 PM
i saw what you said about being on zoloft, im also on zoloft 50mg. ive been on it now for a year but only on 25mg and for the past 5 days ive increased my dose to 50mg, when do u think it will start working for me ?

GW
11-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Not sure... I'm hoping by Sunday it will start working for me, that will be 14 days at the increased dose 100 mg. I will keep you posted... Hang in there, I know it's hard!