PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Therapy?

jenlew
08-25-2013, 10:58 AM
I am a minimum wage employee and the crappy health insurance I have doesn't cover therapy. I cannot afford it on my own. I have been suffering from depression for years, and it's only getting worse as time goes on. I have tried medication, but I feel like the only way to really truly help cure my depression is from talking to a professional. I also get pretty bad anxiety attacks which are coupled with obsessive thoughts. I don't live in a big city, so my options are limited. I do live in an army town, though, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get free or discounted therapy. I'm sick of feeling this way, and I feel hopeless because my financial situation is keeping me from helping myself.

beachymg
08-26-2013, 05:20 AM
Talk to friends, work out, eat healthy, that's what I'm trying to do. I don't think paying a lot of money would help. Do a lot of research and just educate yourself. Being here in this forum should help ya :)

alankay
08-26-2013, 07:19 AM
Start out by looking up free help via local churches and also check your county Human/Health Svcs. dept, as they sometime have help or a directory/referral to free help. Alankay

alankay
08-26-2013, 07:21 AM
http://www.adaa.org/netforum/findatherapist
Many therapists have a sliding scale to adjust for lower income, etc. See what you can find via the link above for starters. Alankay

Charlotte_
08-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Try self hypnosis! I use this about 3times a week about a obsessive thought and it works! You need to repeat it but if you really focus on it it worked with me :)
You can get various apps on smart phones or there's some good videos on Youtube. People say it's silly but it helps me so may as well give it a shot :)
Or talk to friends or people on here. It's best to get your feelings out and for someone to listen to you. It's the best therapy you could get :)